• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
I'll have a rare full weekend up there this weekend. Keep an eye out for me -- dark blue older-gen Spyder jacket (with yellow piping), beige pants, black helmet, and silver Stockli skis.

Not the best shot of my jacket but you get the idea, color-wise. Wish I could say that's our local mountain behind me, but that's Sunshine last April:
Jacket.jpg

Last edited:

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thought I was (and may still be) solo tomorrow but the wife might join. Should be in the coat in the picture. (not taken at the home hill either, ha ha). Would imagine we get some more terrain but not sure what. They are blowing the Pharoah//Bactrain park but I think they want it open next weekend not this one. Going just by the web camera's Marjies has snow on it Big Pocono/Uncle Bills and Lower Marc Anthony do not. Look like Birch's may open too. Can't tell whats going on over on the east side. Looks like the fan gun is the gun of choice (they have several types of guns btw that they use dependent upon weather conditions) which might be good for say Pocono Raceway which is dependent upon them. I say this because they are and have been burying the tubing hill with fan guns. Lets hope the ski runs are getting the same treatment

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
we were at blue mtn last nite for the adult racing clinic. they were blowing almost the entire mountain. they need to get some more terrain open ASAP. too many yahoos on too few slopes makes for a bad time.

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Should be in the coat in the picture. (not taken at the home hill either, ha ha). ...Looks like the fan gun is the gun of choice (they have several types of guns btw that they use dependent upon weather conditions)...

That jacket should be pretty easy to spot. I'll keep my eyes open. I'd love an education in snow making. We're still in a state of flux as to what time we'll be on the mountain tomorrow (coming up from Delaware) but we'll be there sooner or later, and all day Sunday.

Phil mailed me some stickers so I'll find a spot on my helmet for one.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Still haven't caught up with you Kitchener. Was skiing around with a posse of friends, a lot of Nile Mile (not my choice) and only a short après after lunch. Camelback is just small enough to get to know a lot of people and just big enough to easily miss someone. Will be up again tomorrow. Pretty busy today. As I thought they are pouring it on Pharaoh/Bactrain for next weekend and Pocono Raceway for a race the weekend after MLK. Birchs should be next on line then Marjies. Then I'm hoping Big Pocono/Uncle Bills get some love as they being missed in the daily rotation of trails.

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
A quick bloody at trails end. I’ll keep keeping my eye out! You’re right about small yet not. I was in Nile off and on all day yesterday. But I was there on the 3-close ticket

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
A quick bloody at trails end. I’ll keep keeping my eye out! You’re right about small yet not. I was in Nile off and on all day yesterday. But I was there on the 3-close ticket

I was in and out today very quickly today. 7:45 (1st tracks) till about 11. Was getting busy when I left. Not so much the lift lines but the people on the trails.

Ran into an associate of mine, who was head of Mountain Operations for many years, now retired (with what sounds like a great consulting gig). We t2b "Super G'd" Nile Mile 5 or so times this morning.

IMG_3134.JPG

Nile Mile open for Super G runs this morning. (note the cloud on the other side of the lift)

On the other side of Stevenson Turkey Trot had some nice cord too

IMG_3136.JPG

As seen in the Nile Mile photo above, this is another perspective of the man made blizzard going on up 1 strip of the mountain (really Pocono Raceway, Bactrain and extending up Pharoah to the top. Wish I could have got a shot of it coming up the access road this morning as it was really impressive early on from the bottom of the tubing hill.

IMG_3137.JPG

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Great pics. We had a great time -- found some ice here and there but overall, it was a great weekend on Camelback.

The guns were still burying pharoah when we left in the early evening last night. Looks like the prediction they're aiming for this weekend for its opening is spot on.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Looks like Marjies still under the guns today and Big Pocono got some love starting last night:golfclap:. Birch's has got to be done. Starting to make some progress but still a ways to go. .

That man made blizzard was something else to see yesterday. Those 2 trails require a lot of resources but are both needed badly. Never seen a strip of the mountain from top to bottom under a man made cloud like that before. It was impressive.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
A blizzard was also occuring at Montage today. Blasting all Pocono pow all over the place. It was my first time there- it seems nicely run, grooming was great, staff friendly, lodge clean but the Iron Horse lift was the slowest chair I've ever been on. The Long Haul chair was closed for snowmaking. I cruised over to Jack Frost later in the day, nice setting, unspoiled views. Largest collection of shared tower chairs ive ever seeen.

IMG_20190114_094443715.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190114_132624516.jpg
    IMG_20190114_132624516.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 4

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Long Haul was running but no one allowed on, I assumed they were turning it so ice, frozen junk didn't accumulate on the cable, just a guess.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A blizzard was also occuring at Montage today. Blasting all Pocono pow all over the place. It was my first time there- it seems nicely run, grooming was great, staff friendly, lodge clean but the Iron Horse lift was the slowest chair I've ever been on. The Long Haul chair was closed for snowmaking. I cruised over to Jack Frost later in the day, nice setting, unspoiled views. Largest collection of shared tower chairs ive ever seeen.

View attachment 62888

Only skied Montage once, but the three runs served by the Phoebe Lift ain’t bad for the Mid A. The upper mountain is flaaaat though. Fun place with a nice vibe.

Got lost heading there. Not often you end up in some random office park/strip mall minutes from a ski area.

Sponsor