• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Scrundy

I like beer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ll be back tomorrow with a couple of friends. Let’s catch a few laps.

For sure, orange pants with olive green coat is what I wear. Be skiing either ugly lime green or silver Stöckli’s probably the green in am. I see what you wear, I’ll be looking for you. Think I’ve seen you running with 2 other guys one in red jacket?

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
For sure, orange pants with olive green coat is what I wear. Be skiing either ugly lime green or silver Stöckli’s probably the green in am. I see what you wear, I’ll be looking for you. Think I’ve seen you running with 2 other guys one in red jacket?

Yep, that’s right- and I’m always in the yellow pants. Probably a black shell and skiing my Latigos

TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
Mama put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore.

Yesterday was a wrap for us at CBK this season. Went out with a smile.

I wonder what they'll do in the off-season? Probably clear Basilisk a little more, maybe open it up from the top instead of from the side of Rocket?

After the season.jpg

Last edited:

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Anyone been to Camelback lately? How is the base holding up? I'm looking to take up their offer which allows someone to visit with another Resort pass.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Mama put my guns in the ground. I can't shoot them anymore.

Yesterday was a wrap for us at CBK this season. Went out with a smile.

I wonder what they'll do in the off-season? Probably clear Basilisk a little more, maybe open it up from the top instead of from the side of Rocket?

Just back from a trip out west (awesome, another subject at another time) My Pocono season ended back on the 16th with that day of seeded bumps on Rodo. 20 days, with conditions from horrible to pretty good (ie. typical Pocono). Certainly felt once again that I got my monies worth out of my pass and will be renewing in October.

My hope for next year is they keep up with the good snowmaking efforts and the seeded bumps on Rodo. They really need those up all season to provide "practice" for the "bigger boys".

Willyum215

Col. Mustard
Skier
Saturday at Elk was a wrap to my 18/19 season. 19 days in all, with 17 at Elk and 2 at JF. That's a new record for me.

For a season with lower than expected natural snowfall, I believe that most of the NEPA resorts did a really good job at making snow.

It was nice to get to meet and share a chair fellow Pugskier Scrundy too.

What am I going to do next weekend?!?

Cheers to next year...
:toast

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Where did you see the Blue to Epic?......very interesting news. I wonder when these become official?

Hope I'm not getting ahead of myself here. I have no concrete evidence that its true Its just something I'm assuming from Philpug's comment in the other thread. Certainly does not seem a far fetched idea.

So if I don't buy a pass will Blue's tickets go from $52 midweek to $152? Might change my habits.

Have no idea how this will effect day ticket prices at either Camelback or Blue. Both being "feeder mountains" I doubt you see much increase. The real reason they want these places is to get people (both areas have a significant amount of season pass holders) to travel to their marquee resorts out west.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Hope I'm not getting ahead of myself here. I have no concrete evidence that its true Its just something I'm assuming from Philpug's comment in the other thread. Certainly does not seem a far fetched idea.

Have no idea how this will effect day ticket prices at either Camelback or Blue. Both being "feeder mountains" I doubt you see much increase. The real reason they want these places is to get people (both areas have a significant amount of season pass holders) to travel to their marquee resorts out west.

My problem is that I don't like Blue or Camelback enough to buy a season pass. But since they are less than 1.5 hours away I probably get 6 days between them. Boredom then has me leaving after 5 hours at either place.

Reactions: BC.
TS
kitchener

kitchener

Still At Large
Skier
My problem is that I don't like Blue or Camelback enough to buy a season pass.

And Camelback prices their season passes as though they're the season pass to Vail -- I can never go enough to justify it. But given my one to two trips out West every season, IKON participation by CBK (and the other way around) would be a smart move. It'd encourage my group to come there more (where we spend), and encourage us to focus on IKON resorts out West in our trip-planning.

4aprice

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just wanted to say great thread and thanks to all who participated.(and thanks Kitchener for starting it) Loved the comments and pictures. May not be the Rockies but these little hills do provide many hours of fun. Hoping to soon hear the news that has been rumored to be coming, and to start the planning for next season. And lastly hoping Mother Nature cooperates even more then she did this year.

PS Message to CBK management. Seeded bumps on Rodo, make it happen all season next year.

Sponsor

Staff online