• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

pls recommend: lined gore-tex suspender pants for cheap ?

Don Canard

Booting up
Skier
I currently have a pair of 20-yr+ Columbia pants which are getting a little long in the tooth. I have them set up with aftermarket suspenders attached with some buttons sewn on. I'm looking for:
+ goretex hardshell pants
+ lined, moderately warm (something like poly/taffeta lining - not just the thermal reflective layer (e.g. Columbia Bugaboo rather than Ridge Run)
+ factory suspenders

the Columbia Bugaboo Omni-Heat Suspender pants just about hit it except that they're not explicitly goretex.

Oh yeah, I'd like them to be less than $150.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks !

E221b

New Yorker Dreaming of the Mountains
Skier

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
In terms of "lining," do you mean an insulated pant? As @E221b mentioned, $150 is tight, but doable (especially if you're flexible on color and/or a fringe size). How soon are you looking to buy? 2019 clearance is all but gone, and 2020 clearance is just starting to take its first price cuts. There will be a lot more to choose from as prices drop through the spring and move to off-price retailers like Sierra Trading Post by fall. If your current pair has a few months left in them, it'll pay off to wait.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Check the current Patagonia sale. Still might be more than $150, but closer..

E221b

New Yorker Dreaming of the Mountains
Skier
If you're okay with using a proprietary membrane, The North Face has their Freedom Bib which will have the suspender straps you like for $199. Their Freedom Insulated Pant is $160 and their regular Freedom Pant is $140. I used to own the prior version of the Freedom Pant, and it was plenty waterproof/breathable for my needs.

Cameron

Out on the slopes
Skier
Spyder just sent me an email about a 30% off sale they running. That would make their Sentinel pant about $175 which isn't a bad deal for a new pair of Gore Tex pants. Of course the pair I just bought were only 20% off when I order them. :rolleyes: