• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

PisteOff traded his trip to Jackson Hole for his dream car

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It is with some regret that I have to withdraw from this years Gathering. Not too much regret though once you understand why....... I fell in love and spent my ski trip money....and then some.....
B46D47DA-0979-47A7-B59E-37F212A878A4.jpeg
7F1312CD-E201-4F4E-9FDD-06ECD088F103.jpeg
399EE1CE-09B8-4CB8-8B64-C5587765B3AD.jpeg
61BB1592-2496-4270-BDA5-6F7753B0227F.jpeg
DA47D860-1C45-4900-964A-95C6ADBEA436.jpeg

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
It is with some regret that I have to withdraw from this years Gathering. Not too much regret though once you understand why....... I fell in love and spent my ski trip money....and then some.....
View attachment 92615 View attachment 92616 View attachment 92617 View attachment 92618 View attachment 92619
Pffft. You can't even put a box on top of it for your skis. What were you thinking?:duck:

Congratulations!
I do hope you plan on letting this beast stretch it's legs a bit. ogwink

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pffft. You can't even put a box on top of it for your skis. What were you thinking?:duck:

Congratulations!
I put about 30 miles on it today. This is my soulmate in car form. I’ve wanted a 427 Corvette Convertible since I was a teen. I didn’t know about the 2013 427 60th Anniversary Collectors Edition. I ran across this while looking at 67 L88’s and instantly fell in love. It checks every box for me. Only 2550 of them were produced. When you narrow down the options, colors, and trim package on this particular car there were less than 100 produced as outfitted.

I haven’t been in love with car since I was 18 and had a 1970 Firebird..... The wife and I have had a C5, she had a C3 years ago, and we bought a C7 2019 Stingray last year. (We traded in her C5 on the C7). This one is different though......

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Congratulations!

Yes, I have a colleague that has a newer Shelby Mustang and we went to lunch a few months back. Getting ready to pull onto the highway which was relatively empty and I'm expecting to get pushed back in the seat and the dude is barely doing the speed limit. I asked him how often he let er rip and he said he may take it to the track this summer. WTF?? The car is asking to be driven hard. At least put the pedal down on open highway once in a while. Why do you want all that power if you're going to drive it like a VW bug?

Sweet ride PisteOff. Good luck and no tickets.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Why do you want all that power if you're going to drive it like a VW bug?
I'm guilty of old habits ....
A few years ago we rented a big-engined Mustang when we visited our son. I noticed a very substantial difference in miles-per-gallon when he drove and when I drove. :roflmao:

James

Out There
Instructor
I put about 30 miles on it today. This is my soulmate in car form. I’ve wanted a 427 Corvette Convertible since I was a teen. I didn’t know about the 2013 427 60th Anniversary Collectors Edition. I ran across this while looking at 67 L88’s and instantly fell in love. It checks every box for me. Only 2550 of them were produced. When you narrow down the options, colors, and trim package on this particular car there were less than 100 produced as outfitted.

I haven’t been in love with car since I was 18 and had a 1970 Firebird..... The wife and I have had a C5, she had a C3 years ago, and we bought a C7 2019 Stingray last year. (We traded in her C5 on the C7). This one is different though......
That’s sweet! Were those rims part of the original stock package?

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Big Block FTW!!!

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
I'm guilty of old habits ....
A few years ago we rented a big-engined Mustang when we visited our son. I noticed a very substantial difference in miles-per-gallon when he drove and when I drove. :roflmao:
Who gets the worse milage?
I noticed all of my cars seemed to use 4 times as much gas on empty far northern Ontario and Quebec roads than they use on the 401 around Toronto due to all the slow driving down there to avoid paying the speed tax.

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice!

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Big Block FTW!!!
Big displacement but it's actually a small block(LS7). The last big blocks GM made were the 8.1L truck motors that stopped in '07. They weren't nearly as good for performance or durability as the LS based small blocks.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Big displacement but it's actually a small block(LS7). The last big blocks GM made were the 8.1L truck motors that stopped in '07. They weren't nearly as good for performance or durability as the LS based small blocks.

Oops, thanks for the correction.

It's been awhile, but IIRC the difference between big block and small block Chevys is the distance between bore centers.

Anybody care to elaborate (sorry, bored on a rainy Sunday morning).

Thanks!