• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pick any Moment ski

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was fortunate to win a pair of any Moments I want. Love raffles! Now I need help choosing. I'm 5'10" and a little over 200#. It's been a while since I've been on the slopes so my newest skis are P50 Platinum from the early 2000's. I am (was) a 95% frontside/groomer skier. Never got into moguls or off piste. From what I know about Moment I'm thinking the Tahoe or PB&J would be my best choice. I do have friends on the Deathwish and they like them even on groomers but that seems too fat. I do have a pair of Night Trains should I get the urge to go deep. So, oracles of the ski, what do you suggest? Please let's stick to Moments since those are what I'll be choosing from. I'll worry about paying for something else if these don't work out.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was fortunate to win a pair of any Moments I want. Love raffles! Now I need help choosing. I'm 5'10" and a little over 200#. It's been a while since I've been on the slopes so my newest skis are P50 Platinum from the early 2000's. I am (was) a 95% frontside/groomer skier. Never got into moguls or off piste. From what I know about Moment I'm thinking the Tahoe or PB&J would be my best choice. I do have friends on the Deathwish and they like them even on groomers but that seems too fat. I do have a pair of Night Trains should I get the urge to go deep. So, oracles of the ski, what do you suggest? Please let's stick to Moments since those are what I'll be choosing from. I'll worry about paying for something else if these don't work out.
You can get any ski you want, or do they have a selection for this kind of raffle?
Their site looks pretty nice.
http://www.momentskis.com

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
They said any ski from the Moment lineup.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
They said any ski from the Moment lineup.
Very cool. Looking at their lineup, I'd consider the Tahoe for a daily driver.
@The Dad has some experience with this line so I'll defer to him.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
The only ones I've heard serious praise about were the Mowgli bump skis. But, hey, for FREE take whatever matches the dimensions and utility you need most in your quiver at the moment... see what I did there?

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The only ones I've heard serious praise about were the Mowgli bump skis. But, hey, for FREE take whatever matches the dimensions and utility you need most in your quiver at the moment... see what I did there?
Maybe I'll make my decision on the spur of the moment. Snort.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
At your size might be worth looking at the Belafonte. Personally I thought the PB&J was more versatile than the Tahoe, but both are great skis. Moment crew are pretty cool gang, worth asking if you can demo before choosing.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
At your size might be worth looking at the Belafonte. Personally I thought the PB&J was more versatile than the Tahoe, but both are great skis. Moment crew are pretty cool gang, worth asking if you can demo before choosing.
@Andy Mink a demo might not be a bad idea. Let's see if we can grab a couple of pairs and hit Rose one day.

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll try and swing by their shop Monday or Tuesday and see what they have. He did say they have some demos so that's definitely an option. @Philpug, maybe we can go up Friday, at least for a couple of runs. I'll start doing squats today in hopes that my thighs have more than one run in them!

TS
Andy Mink

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Picked up the Tahoes. I didn't get into demos with the guy from Moment. I talked to him at length about where I was, what I was skiing, where I plan on skiing, etc. He suggested the Tahoe or PB&J. Tahoe sounded more my speed. Very nice guy named Luke. Free is good and if they don't work out I can get another pair and not be out a lot of money. Report to come as soon as bindings are mounted and runs are made.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I might have some bindings around...

Sponsor

Staff online