• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
I know there is a thread somewhere with photos of kids skiing. When I was going through photos scanned from slides, I came up with a bunch of skiing photos.

Please share photos of yourself when you were young.

This was me skiing down the hill in our back yard. I had a patch on my suit that read "don't eat yellow snow."

466193_4032101723448_1573249636_o.jpg

This photo is from one of our Killington trips. The outfit matched the colors in my parent's kitchen. ;) And the hat is handmade from a neighbor.

470916_4032103443491_1598862769_o.jpg

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
That's me in the grey with my best friend, dropping into "Danny's Dive" at Sugarcreek (now defunct) in Bellbrook Ohio. This was about a 25' slope of fill dirt at the tip top of the hill that passed for the "Extreme" terrain in Ohio. Must have been about 12.

sc.jpg

RNZ

aka Ski Kiwi
Skier
First day on skis - at Erewhon Park (which is now closed, but the area is has experience renewed fame as a Lord of the Rings location) It was a great ski field, a monumentally crowded day would be 50 people. By the end of the first day I was coveting those K2 Stingers that my friend had. Luckily, I think that the wooden wonders I had were replaced with volkl junior tigers by the next season.

erewhon.jpg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I believe the first pic is my first super G race at Jackson's Snow King and the second was at Payette Lakes, ID. I'm the taller one in the second photo. Actually, this summer I was going through some boxes when my mom moved and I found the hat I'm wearing in that picture. Looking forward to donning it on a retro day this year.

Tuck.jpg

With Annie.jpg

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Last year I did a profile on an age 90+ skier who is still active. He provided this picture of himself skiing in 1933!!!
LL

Your article that you linked to above is awesome. I did notice that the gentleman in the picture appears to be wearing a dress shirt and a tie underneath his jacket. There are many aspects of ski fashion that I am glad have passed... but wearing a tie to go skiing just might be on top of the list.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Vail. First ski trip to the West. Spoiled me forever. Yeah, not exactly a kid, but definitely young in retrospect.

vail2.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online