• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jacques

Workin' It on Skis Best I Can
Skier
I'm totally stokin' Can't wait to try these.
Who can guess who's WC quiver they came from?
IMG_6612.JPG
IMG_6613.JPG
IMG_6614.JPG
IMG_6615.JPG

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
What does that say, on the ski in the last photo?

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What does that say, on the ski in the last photo?
Looks like "Cin" or "Ciw" with a star at the end to me.

Who can guess who's WC quiver they came from?
Based on "Miki", and the fact that they're Atomic, I'm going to go ahead and guess it's Shiffrin.

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Looks like "Cin" or "Ciw" with a star at the end to me.

Based on "Miki", and the fact that they're Atomic, I'm going to go ahead and guess it's Shiffrin.
I was certainly thinking MS. But, that doesn't look at all like 'Shiffrin'

Edit: I know! That's MS's ski and she got someone's autograph at one of her races! Someone she idolizes.

Edit, Edit: But, then... no way would she give up those skis.

Edit, Edit, Edit: Unless... maybe she sold them for a charitable cause, now that she can get anyone's autograph anytime she likes.

Edit, Edit, Edit, Edit: I give up. So, what's the deal with these skis?

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
I was certainly thinking MS. But, that doesn't look at all like 'Shiffrin'

Edit: I know! That's MS's ski and she got someone's autograph at one of her races! Someone she idolizes.

Edit, Edit: But, then... no way would she give up those skis.

Edit, Edit, Edit: Unless... maybe she sold them for a charitable cause, now that she can get anyone's autograph anytime she likes.

Edit, Edit, Edit, Edit: I give up. So, what's the deal with these skis?

They were gifted to me from an industry insider. After a season is finished, some of all those skis are given to insiders.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
2017 skis for a women. If I got a Hirscher, I could not turn it as I am light!
I think 2017 women regulations were same as current, 183cm and 30m radius (rule change from old 27m for men and no idea for women to 35m men and 30m women radius was in 2012/2013 season). In 2017/2018 men skis went down from 195cm 35m radius to 193cm and 30m radius, but women didn't change.
So yeah, I agree with @ScotsSkier, and I don't think it's WC race stock ;)
Another thing is, not a single half serious serviceman on WC tour puts stuff like this on skis. Most of times no names (for several reasons), and certainly no plain text data, not to mention no need for side angles to be marked.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
Those are never racers skis. It's something what guys from, in Shiffrin case, Atomic bring to finish area and hand to anyone on Atomic that needs them for interview or podium. So I honestly think these skis has nothing to do with Shiffrin. I admit my memory is anything but great, but if I remember right, there's simple MS with ski number on her skis... or at lest it was when Kim was still her serviceman.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
I think 2017 women regulations were same as current, 183cm and 30m radius (rule change from old 27m for men and no idea for women to 35m men and 30m women radius was in 2012/2013 season). In 2017/2018 men skis went down from 195cm 35m radius to 193cm and 30m radius, but women didn't change.
So yeah, I agree with @ScotsSkier, and I don't think it's WC race stock ;)
Another thing is, not a single half serious serviceman on WC tour puts stuff like this on skis. Most of times no names (for several reasons), and certainly no plain text data, not to mention no need for side angles to be marked.
Anything you say. Maybe just fun skis, or training. I wonder why they say FIS Norm?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Yep, 24 m is a cheater GS consumer ski. Probably what they hand them for podium shots. Still UUBer cool IMHO. And, if they were really her race room skis I'd never ski them, just put them on the wall. Those, I'd ski for sure.. NASTAR!

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Yep, 24 m is a cheater GS consumer ski. Probably what they hand them for podium shots. Still UUBer cool IMHO. And, if they were really her race room skis I'd never ski them, just put them on the wall. Those, I'd ski for sure.. NASTAR!
I am a bit perplexed as to why FIF NORM would be printed on a consumer ski though.
But what do I know. I just went with what I was told by the gifter. He told me he got them from Atomic over in Europe somewhere. He said they were her skis and were built WC and not a consumer ski. It was never said she raced them.
Maybe a training set?
The consumer model will take a Neox or X. These will only take an X VAR. The guy told me it was because it was a special plate.
I have no reason to doubt the gentleman. He also has some and said they were "training" skis. Maybe that's what these are too.

TS
Jacques

Jacques

Skier
Found this: "80cm 24m Radius FIS Giant Slalom (GS) Skis from the Race Department of Atomic. Junior/Master FIS Norm. Suitable for the most capable of Under 16 athletes, for Masters Racing or those such as Military teams who want a FIS ski that does not have to conform to FIS regulations. These skis are also suitable for those taking their Euro test. "

Sponsor