• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Daniel

Out on the slopes
Skier
Riding in southern Utah right now would be unbearable for me unless one was up on Boulder Top, Thousand Lake Mountain, Fish Lake Mountain, the Henrys, Wasatch Plateau, etc. Photo was taken during the last week in April and temps were pretty ideal. Probably should have clarified that in my original post! Spent several days last week on a water ski trip to Flaming Gorge. In and on the water was the place to be at this time of year!

James

Out There
Instructor
8F9D0C37-7BDD-4FA1-91D7-F4EEEA9FE978.jpeg

Summer

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ Not in Summit County, CO. We are stage 2 fire restrictions: no open fires, even in your yard. :( Of course we have the smell of wood fires pretty much 24/7.

From my back porch last night...

IMG_1775.JPG

No filter, just a couple stops down.

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
Thats what the setting sun looks like from my front deck also, in Evergreen. Just stupid dry here.
Only a matter of time .......

James

Out There
Instructor
^^^ Not in Summit County, CO. We are stage 2 fire restrictions: no open fires, even in your yard. :( Of course we have the smell of wood fires pretty much 24/7.
Good point. No maple trees either.
We do get a hurricanes.Worst damage ever in VT was caused by Irene’s rain.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Not so much funny but a good reason we are on this page...

IMG_20200810_141645094_cropped.jpg

Author: Chris Rice - excerpted from Magitech Chronicles.

Keep laughing.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
My wife's favorite uncle recently passed away at age 93 (not from covid). He was a catholic priest and was the officiant at our marriage back in 1980. He served 24 years as a Navy Chaplain. Then in "retirement" remained remarkably active assisting at a parish in Florida right up until the end of his life. Because of covid we didn't get down to his services, but watched them via livestream with a couple of my wife's brothers on our back porch while wearing masks:mask: The funeral mass was celebrated by the Bishop of St. Augustine.
fr. b.jpg

Posaune

sliding
Skier
OK, here's a real photo for "Photo of the Day." It combines music and skiing. This guy is a virtuoso local jazz pianist. The piano is in the cafeteria of Mt. Baker's White Salmon Lodge and is open to be played by whoever is around. However, it has a little double diamond sign right over the keys with "experts only" printed nicely on it. Only real experts seem to play it. I took the photo because he's using the pedals with ski boots on! How can he feel it? I asked him about it and he told me that he worked at Aspen for several seasons and learned how to do it there.
IMG_2456.jpeg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Here comes another smoke plume. I haven‘t spent more than 30 minutes outside in over a week to try to protect my asthmatic lungs.
F7C349B0-A932-4DA2-A32B-D72CAA87EF4E.jpeg

Sponsor

Staff online