• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Dave's lunch today as I type, to help boost my immune system...and hopefully live to ski another day.

lunch_32520.jpg

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor

Tim Hodgson

PSIA Level II Alpine
Instructor
My favorite B.C. resort!
Say hi to John (CSIA Level 4) and Sandy whom we met on John's 60th Birthday, and they skied with us until they gave up on trying to shake us including on Terminator Ridge (with me skiing poorly) then said "adieu."

Top of Stairway to Heaven Chair Kicking Horse 12 days ago View attachment 97709

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
There were about a dozen or so crows flying around. One of them had a white piece of... something. He'd loose it and another would recover it. One crow always chased the possessor of the white something. They were quite aerobatic and playfully aggressive. Lots of rolls and direction changes. Only two 'played' the chase game at a time. The others often flew in twos.

IMG_20200326_135300386_crop.jpg

Catch me if you can!

IMG_20200326_135207739_HDR_crop.jpg

Not caught. Just close.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There were about a dozen or so crows flying around. One of them had a white piece of... something. He'd loose it and another would recover it. One crow always chased the possessor of the white something. They were quite aerobatic and playfully aggressive. Lots of rolls and direction changes. Only two 'played' the chase game at a time. The others often flew in twos.

View attachment 97935
Catch me if you can!

View attachment 97934
Not caught. Just close.
Crows, or Ravens?

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Ravens (seen right here) often travel in pairs, while crows (left) are seen in larger groups. Also, study the tail as the bird flies overhead. A crow's tail is shaped like a fan, while the raven's tail appears wedge-shaped or triangular. Another clue is to listen closely to the birds' calls.

Possibly ravens, but they didn't seem that big. The did seem to croak, not caw, though.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Possibly ravens, but they didn't seem that big. The did seem to croak, not caw, though.

Love is in the air.

In the way back up at Alyeska it would be 0° and you would hear water dripping. It was a raven! This damned bird would come roaring down the liftline doing arrel rolls. Think that bird might have eaten a lot of roaches from under the chair. Goofy bird.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Brothers and Sisters, the order of the day (well for most of us unluckies) is to enjoy while sheltering in place.

icecream_32720.jpg

My just reward after official outdoor street hiking exercise.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid