• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yep - Bultaco
The chromed tank panel and round shape of the logo reminded me of BSA but the logo, what I could make out of it looked a little off, not the typical teardrop. I'm not a motorcycle guy and couldn't tell you how BSA popped up in my mind, it just did. Maybe I built a scale model of one as a kid, Idk, I certainly don't recall knowing anyone who had one.
Never heard of Bultaco, had to look that one up, couldn't find a match so I'm going with the Triumph in the pix I couldn't get past thumbnail size, lol, ;) Or OCC (Orange County Choppers), it could be a custom???

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
Here's a better shot of it, I think its a Triumph -
View attachment 113425 View attachment 113426
The chromed tank panel and round shape of the logo reminded me of BSA but the logo, what I could make out of it looked a little off, not the typical teardrop. I'm not a motorcycle guy and couldn't tell you how BSA popped up in my mind, it just did. Maybe I built a scale model of one as a kid, Idk, I certainly don't recall knowing anyone who had one.
Never heard of Bultaco, had to look that one up, couldn't find a match so I'm going with the Triumph in the pix I couldn't get past thumbnail size, lol, ;) Or OCC (Orange County Choppers), it could be a custom???
Nope, Killy's on a Bultaco

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Those are Steve McQueen from The Great Escape i think.
"McQueen did most of his own riding. McQueen was a better driver than many of the stuntmen playing Germans, so he put on an SS uniform for some of these scenes and chased himself. As Hilts, he rode a 1962 650cc Triumph TR6R. Production used four bikes total, modified to look like a WWII-era side-valve BMW with an olive paint job, old seat, and luggage rack. The studio’s insurers took issue with McQueen doing anything too dangerous, so Ekins doubled him for stunts where McQueen could have been hurt. Ekins also brought along Australian motocross champion Tim Gibbes, who played the Nazi officer who crashes after Hilts sets a wire trap in the road. Hilts steals Gibbes’ SS uniform and motorcycle and heads for Switzerland. On his way toward the border, he draws the unwanted attention of German officers who try asking questions that he can’t answer. Hilts kicks one of these officers off his bike and speeds away, with countless Nazis in pursuit.

Though McQueen is famous for The Great Escape’s most famous stunt, it was Bud Ekins who performed it. McQueen explained, “I always felt a little guilty about that. A lot of people thought it was me making that jump, but I’ve never tried to hide the truth about it. I could handle the jump now, I’m sure. Back in ’62, I just didn’t have the savvy.” According to a few of his castmates, McQueen did have the savvy."

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
West Jetty View Park, Newport Beach, CA just as the marine layer burns off.
IMG_20201004_105205585.jpg

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
We are getting a surprise October snow today. Here's my little magnolia all heavy with snow.
magnolia October 2020.jpg

I can see that I pruned it lopsided. Oh well, I can balance it out in the spring after it blooms.
Or maybe lopsided is good. We don't all need to be perfect, do we?
And here's my loaded crab apple with its little apples peeping out.
It felt good to get out in the snow today. Little pleasures.
crab apples Oct 2020.jpg

Last edited:

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
The sun came out today after yesterday's 5+ inches of October snow. Oak and maple leaves are still falling. This is my front yard.
Oct 31 2020 #1.jpg

Took a walk in the woods this afternoon. Snow is melting off the leaves above. The waterproof jacket and hiking boots were necessary. It felt like winter. Sorta.
Oct 31 2020 #2.JPG
Oct 31 2020 #3.jpg

The color changed dramatically where the sun does not shine. This area really did feel like winter.
Oct 31 2020 #4.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January