• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
More fall leaves from last night. Thanks neighbor.
20201024_082400.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Those pines.
This from two years ago when it snowed heavy wet snow in Nov while the ground was super wet. Tree was like 70-80ft. Had to chop branches to drive underneath.
3B39694E-04C1-4231-A385-EAFDEF2B9A29.jpeg

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Beautiful picture from Mt Erie of northern Puget Sound, which is fed through Admiralty Inlet and Deception Pass, from the Strait of Juan De Fuca. All of which lie in the Salish Sea ;)
Since Mt. Erie is north of Deception Pass, it is not technically in Puget Sound. The definition I found says that Puget Sound is from Deception Pass south to Olympia.

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Since Mt. Erie is north of Deception Pass, it is not technically in Puget Sound. The definition I found says that Puget Sound is from Deception Pass south to Olympia.
To get picky, from the viewpoint of the photo looking South, the salt water to the left is Similk Bay, looking South past the islands is Skagit Bay where the Skagit River meets the salt chick, looking to the right is Coronet Bay the entrance to Deception Pass. Whidbey Island is the land mass to the right as one looks South. Mt. Erie is on Fidalgo Island where we've lived for about 35 years. I like to think Fidalgo Island is in the Salish Sea.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
To get picky, from the viewpoint of the photo looking South, the salt water to the left is Similk Bay, looking South past the islands is Skagit Bay where the Skagit River meets the salt chick, looking to the right is Coronet Bay the entrance to Deception Pass. Whidbey Island is the land mass to the right as one looks South. Mt. Erie is on Fidalgo Island where we've lived for about 35 years. I like to think Fidalgo Island is in the Salish Sea.
Even more picky - Puget Sound is part of the Salish Sea.

Heeler

Doug M.
Skier
Still, beautiful picture OF northern Puget Sound FROM Mt Erie. :rolleyes: Everyone around here knows Mt Erie is not FROM/OF northern Puget Sound, totally wrong accent.

James

Out There
Instructor
Photo of JC Killy at Val D’Isere.

C0294E94-96F7-4218-A918-C41D93829918.jpeg

Photo Paul Ryan
From Skiing History Sept/Oct 2020

Anyone know the bike he’s on?

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Those pines.
This from two years ago when it snowed heavy wet snow in Nov while the ground was super wet. Tree was like 70-80ft. Had to chop branches to drive underneath.
View attachment 113082
Looks like scene when Trish drove into town on the main road in a rainstorm. Tree fell over her car. Luckily the trunk fell just behind the car. No snow. Minimal damage- small dent in roof and branches jammed in grill and undercarriage.

Sponsor