• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Look up his call if you can. It's the weirdest thing and you definitely get the name after you hear it.

James

Out There
Instructor
53BBEE6A-80D7-4B84-86D3-72F81B22757B.jpeg

6806923F-1510-4D97-AF39-1E69734759F0.jpeg

4539B67F-C2BD-4DBD-B44F-9CC45FCFC879.jpeg

Walking trails near North Springfield, VT. Color is going but still around in places.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I went back to the rocky woods today for a run. Got deeper in. The entry trail is getting more colorful.
2 entry tral.jpeg

As is the boardwalk.
1 boardwalk and glacial erratic.jpeg

Birches are in full yellow now.
4 yellow birches.jpeg

I'm getting used to seeing these glacial erratics.
3 glacial erratic 3.jpeg

The trails are narrow and convoluted. It's like a maze in here. Without a map I'd be totally lost.
5 blueberries are red.jpeg

So many blueberries.
fullsizeoutput_f8c.jpeg

So much red.
6 so many blueberries .jpeg

My goal today was to find the summit. It drops steeply on one side.
7 summit drop.jpeg

This is mountain bike territory.
fullsizeoutput_f76.jpeg

The colors are chaotic on the way back to the swamp.
8 the way out.jpeg

Here it is from this side.
10 heading back across the beaver pond.jpeg

I need to check to see if hunting is allowed in here. I'd like to hike it in the snow, but not if hunting is happening.
9 rocks and colors.jpeg

Last edited:

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Were you using a polarizing filter for these shots, or are you at altitude?
No filter, my iPhone 8. It was near Galisteo NM, so probably a little over 6000 ft. Taken looking to the north, which accounts for the deep sky color along with the contrast of the intense leaf color.

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
We have fall leaf color here in The West too though not as impressive as you in The East have. I was out this week with 2 others in the Eastern Sierra Nevada that was mainly a fishing trip though I did do some fall leaf color work including the below subject of a wall of colorful quaking aspen leaves along Leavitt Creek beside highway SR108. The below is 4x downsized from the 4000x6000 pixel original, A6000 Sigma 60mm.

SZ02800-10y.jpg

And yes we did do some fishing while base camping 3 nights near Twin Lakes (Bridgeport) with a bro catching a whopper fat 20 inch rainbow that made for 2 days of delicious lunch meals.

bh5994y.jpg

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Per my post #1,835 just above, here is a %100% pixels crop of a center section of the 11 shot focus stack blended image. Notice how much more interesting the aspen leaf detail is including veining versus the 4x downsized image above that makes all the difference. Large 8k UHD displays are going to make viewing high detail immersive level images something sought.

SW02800-10_cr1.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online