• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
A surprise visit from a boar grizzly with a bison head he was snacking on for scale.

Grizzly with Bison Head.jpg

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Trail cam? Super long telephoto lens? Or did you snap this just before you ran? :ogbiggrin:

This was taken with an iPhone at uncomfortably close quarters which is why it is off center as it is helpful to avoid eye contact with a bear. No running from Grizzly bears unless you want to get mauled.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This was taken with an iPhone at uncomfortably close quarters which is why it is off center as it is helpful to avoid eye contact with a bear. No running from Grizzly bears unless you want to get mauled.
Wow... I'd love to have an encounter like that as long as I came away safely - but I'd definitely have been very very nervous. Nicely done.

(And I was definitely joking with the running comment.)

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
A surprise visit from a boar grizzly with a bison head he was snacking on for scale.

View attachment 104624
There must be more to the story. You saw the bear with its bison head snack. You were uncomfortably close (where?). You pulled out your phone, pointed it at the bear, and took the photo. You averted your eyes from the bear's face as you took the picture, but that bear definitely is looking straight at you.
Then what?

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
There must be more to the story. You saw the bear with its bison head snack. You were uncomfortably close (where?). You pulled out your phone, pointed it at the bear, and took the photo. You averted your eyes from the bear's face as you took the picture, but that bear definitely is looking straight at you.
Then what?
Then the flash from the iPhone went off and...?? :) Must have been a tasty bison.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Took a bike ride up Big Cottonwood Canyon this morning to the Mill B trail head. Very busy up there this Saturday. This is the view coming down BCC at the big pinch in the road nearing the base of the canyon. You can only get this view on foot/bike as there is no place for a car to stop it's so tight.
20 june 2020 BCC.jpg

Last edited:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
@Bad Bob , no skiing for me on those patches. It is a long hike to get there and technically closed. Now Fourth of July Bowl is more inviting at this time but an even longer walk; I don't think the roads have been opened for the public.

I am considering a drive up to Slalom on Boreas Pass, however. It provides easy access and fine tailgating opportunities. From a couple years back. Hi @UGASkiDawg!

IMG_20190704_123318193_HDR.jpg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
This is from a couple day ago on the Jordan River Trail near South Jordan, UT. This lady had a really cute Yorkie in her backpack. The dog was like a little kid, looking all around like it's head was on a swivel.
JRT Yorkie.jpg

This shot was a little tricky to get. I had to pull my cell phone out of my pocket and snap photo with one hand while moving through biker and walker traffic. The things we do for the photo of the day thread:)

Sponsor