• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Out my front window.
IMG_2998.jpg

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Vicki are you out of ice cream too? ogsmile

Since you reminded me haha, am going to just use the 2 syrups and pour a bit of milk on it. I deserve it today after all my street exercising.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Downtown Steamboat, as a friend of mine who's been in town since the 70's said, "it looks like 1974". I was able to stand in the road to take this. The road traffic isn't always as slow as this but you can walk up and down Main Street and maybe see one or 2 other people.

D7F7218D-6E0B-4A16-971B-3BBA95381793_1_201_a.jpeg

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
Downtown Steamboat, as a friend of mine who's been in town since the 70's said, "it looks like 1974". I was able to stand in the road to take this. The road traffic isn't always as slow as this but you can walk up and down Main Street and maybe see one or 2 other people.

View attachment 99380
Got a demo sale email today from One Stop. It was good to hear from them. I hope the shops and restaurants can survive this economic nightmare.
We read the Pilot e-edition here in NJ to keep tabs on the town, and feel for the struggles Steamboat and all the mountain towns are going through.

Reactions: Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
its going to be very tough for those shops and of course, the unemployment skyrocketed like a lot of other places. Not sure how One Stop can sell demo ski's. they are not an essential store so they are supposed to be closed. We (and a lot of others) order take out a couple times a week to try to help. They lost 3 weeks of prime tourist season sales.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Glad you are out and about Ron. We were out walking along the rail line I the high desert today and I also noticed that. Skies here tend to be azure anyhow but particularly so today...even though it is windy.
20200417_165602.jpg

my07mcx2

Getting off the lift
Skier
the sky was so incredibly blue today. It has to be from the drop in pollution. 'this from about 5 miles south of steamboat. the ski mountain is the highest peak

View attachment 100153
incredible Ron!! yes less vehicles and pollution has really done a few things to our world!! loved you pic of downtown boat, looks like 1976.

Reactions: Ron

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Visited an open space preserve Wednesday and Thursday where recent rains were heavier. The serpentine geology is now exploding with wildflowers. The 40 day February dry spell stunted usual alien grasses so our native species are not so far down inside grasses that they cannot be easily seen. I'll be back next Tuesday when the sun returns with light breezes. The below is a downsized for web version of 6000x4000 pixel image derived from 22 A6000 shots mostly at F5.6, focus stack blended using locked exposure and manual spot auto focus.

SQ06265-86w.jpg

100% pixels crop of lower right showing how sharp the image is:
SQ6265-86-cr.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online