• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

jseeski

Skiing a little BC powder
Skier
Sidecountry, Whitewater, BC, Canada, Morning of January 17, 2020

NIK_8784 e-1 s.jpg

More sidecountry, Whitewater, BC, same day

NIK_8799 e-1 s.jpg

Backlit moss on larch trees, Whitewater, BC

NIK_8810 e-2 s.jpg

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Heavenly 1/30/20, 49er trail (win Niners!), blue Lake Tahoe with dome cloud:

49er-Tahoe1.jpg

Looking up shady Little Dipper at iridescent ice crystal cloud:

LittleDipper-cloud6.jpg

Little Dipper during ghost like ice cloud fog that was very rimy to goggles.

LittleDipper-fog3.jpg

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Heavenly 1/30/20, 49er trail (win Niners!), blue Lake Tahoe with dome cloud:

View attachment 92186

Looking up shady Little Dipper at iridescent ice crystal cloud:

View attachment 92187

Little Dipper during ghost like ice cloud fog that was very rimy to goggles.

View attachment 92188

Every picture I seem to see of Heavenly seems to justify the name. I need to get out there given I always have an Epic pass and easy access to lodging at the Marriotts at the base.

SSSdave

Skier
Every picture I seem to see of Heavenly seems to justify the name. I need to get out there given I always have an Epic pass and easy access to lodging at the Marriotts at the base.
It is a spectacular visual looking down 3k+ feet to the deep blue waters and on the other side of the ridge 5k+ to Nevada. All Tahoe does need new storms now as we are still skiing atop what most fell from 2 large storms after Thanksgiving. My 110mm at boot S7's are whining like ignored puppies.

SSSdave

Skier
A couple from yesterday 2/6/2020 at Heavenly off Comet Express on Little Dipper I spent most of the last 2 days looping on my day #18 this season. Mostly long long 1 to 3 stoppers on the 680 vertical feet of bumps all on my 2020 Santa Ana 88's @165cm I've got 9 days on now. I seemed to be often playing with descending funny fall lines as I jump off the direct fall line into next lines over. With the lack of significant snow the last 5 weeks, uglier chopped up moguls are increasingly growing as skiers keep mining away at the firmer hulks underneath and fall lines become bizarro. With the sunny balmy temps, a lot of locals were out in the afternoon keeping surfaces wonderfully loose.

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4407.JPG

Last edited:

SSSdave

Skier
Here's one more bump image I just processed but looking down a set of smoothly rounded sine wave moguls that talented rec bump skiers can ski through amazingly smoothly and turn almost anywhere with the same seated stacked orientation. I ski moguls because I'm addicted to the fun visceral dynamic bouncing feelings, oscillating wonderfully rebounding back and forth, left to right, to and fro, over and over, much like skiers get on groomers arcing carved turns but more focused to a distinctive varying pattern of slope shapes. My epicmix for 2/6 shows I road Comet Express chair 17 times that was over 10,000 feet of fall line moguls.

LD_2-6d.jpg

On this Little Dipper thread below, the fifth image below the top has a lift riders downward view of what beautifully shaped moguls looks like that evolve beyond the smoother sine wave shapes.

Last edited:

no edge

Out on the slopes
Skier
View attachment 92945

On this Little Dipper thread below, the fifth image below the top has a lift riders downward view of what beautifully shaped moguls looks like that evolve beyond the smoother sine wave shapes.

How pleasant

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Not a good picture but a very interesting day. Kept trying to catch the sun shining through the fog/clouds but too slow normally. Also showing is some classic 49° North crud being ripped up by another massive Saturday crowds.
20200208_134036.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online