• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Crudmaster

tinyurl.com/pungjgt
Skier
Here's my sister and grand-niece walking through wildflowers atop Suntop, just off the drive to Crystal Mountain. Does anyone know the name of them?

190628 Maya Sharm down Suntop 2.jpg

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Some photos from the Tahoe East Shore trail that opened for the first time earlier this summer. It starts at Incline Village near Tunnel Creek Cafe. After about a mile it cuts under the freeway and hugs the shoreline. Ends at Sand Harbor (3 miles away). It's paved all the way. Bike, stroller, and dog friendly.

There are a few bridges along the way and these are metal. By noon they are very hot and can burn your dogs feet. So watch out for that. Sometimes there are wagons to roll your dogs in across these bridges, but don't go expecting them to be there. Be ready for a carry across. :)

Lake clarity and colors are just amazing this summer-
IMG_20190824_123535-01.jpeg

IMG_20190824_130755-01.jpeg

Looking across the lake, there is still some snow on the summits!!
IMG_20190824_111251-01.jpeg

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
Some photos from the Tahoe East Shore trail that opened for the first time earlier this summer. It starts at Incline Village near Tunnel Creek Cafe. After about a mile it cuts under the freeway and hugs the shoreline. Ends at Sand Harbor (3 miles away). It's paved all the way. Bike, stroller, and dog friendly.

There are a few bridges along the way and these are metal. By noon they are very hot and can burn your dogs feet. So watch out for that. Sometimes there are wagons to roll your dogs in across these bridges, but don't go expecting them to be there. Be ready for a carry across. :)

Lake clarity and colors are just amazing this summer-
View attachment 79079

View attachment 79080

Looking across the lake, there is still some snow on the summits!!
View attachment 79081

Wow, waters are so blue and clear.

Turoa Kiwi

JH
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We are presently in Argentina. Skiing at Cerro Catedral and Chapelco. Snow is very good, scenery is amazing as are the people and the food. This is assuming you like carne rojo y vino tinto.

pliny the elder View attachment 79165
I'm thinking about heading over there for my 60th Birthday next year and would love to know what you think of the whole ski scene over there once your trip is over

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hiked a long loop at Incline Village over the weekend. Covered 12+ miles and 2000+ feet elevation climb. Went up Tyrolean Downhill to Tahoe Meadows, then Tahoe Rim Trail till the Golden Eagle Bowl area of Diamond Peak, and finally down Crystal Ridge/Freeway back down to DP base.

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/recording/recording-aug-31-04-49-pm--2?p=-1

Resting with a view, on the final stretch down-
DP, Tahoe and me, v2-01.jpeg

*Yes, I was wearing a PugSki cap :pug:

Sponsor

Staff online