• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
I normally try to stay away from glaciers, but when desperate and there's no other snow anywhere near, glacier full of race courses will do too. On the end it was perfect bluebird day on nice hard snow to get best out of my GS skis, and for cherry on top, I managed to get some 8 or 9 GS runs with our Europa cup team. It certainly helps to have some extra fun, if you know right people :D
20181129_091433-01.jpeg

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I normally try to stay away from glaciers, but when desperate and there's no other snow anywhere near, glacier full of race courses will do too. On the end it was perfect bluebird day on nice hard snow to get best out of my GS skis, and for cherry on top, I managed to get some 8 or 9 GS runs with our Europa cup team. It certainly helps to have some extra fun, if you know right people :D
View attachment 59379
What glacier is it?

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
liz jimmy ski.jpg
It has been dry for the last 2 weeks, so we took advantage of the clear skies and got up high.

This is a shot of Liz on her way to the summit of Jimmy Junior in the Bow Lake area (approximately 30 minutes north of Lake Louise). The Wapta Icefield forms the backdrop.

Shot from yesterday afternoon.

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
Many of the photos I've seen of Japan show frost and snow-encrusted trees, and that moody atmospheric fog, so yeah!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I want to post here again, but all I have that are recent are bluebird day photos. :huh:

pikes peak - IMG_20181214_115034988_BURST003_crop.jpg

(l to r) Guyot, Baldy, Boreas and way in the background, Pikes Peak which is about 70 miles away as the crow flies.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
After spending whole bunch of days on icy tracks and race skis, and few days on xc skis, it was time to get my new Rossi Seek7 for little test drive :) About 6 hours of up and down in mountains around Flachau, Austria, at -11c and pretty bad wind was pretty good start in back country skiing season. Not to mention skis with Look ST bindings (basically Dynafit Speedturn) feel super light compared to my "normal setup" of Rossi Super7 and Marker Duke. And in "only" some 40cm fresh pow they actually ski surprisingly good.

After first getting to top of mountain on right side of photo, there was another climb to last mountain top of the day, followed by perfect 15-20min skiing in super light knee deep powder down to car.
bc2.jpg

Good thing with ski touring around here is, that most of skiers follow first tracks like sheep, so even week after last snowfall, you can ski perfect untouched powder if you steer just 20m away.
bc1.jpg

And yeah it was pretty windy and at -11c just a bit too cold for what I'm currently used to, but it was super fun :D
pow.jpg

Sponsor