• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
Took a hike yesterday in the Chukanut Mountains, an ancient mountain chain just south of town that defines the eastern shore of Bellingham Bay. Here is a view from the parking area, right on a cliff above the bay and the San Juan Islands:

IMG_2466.jpg

As we were ending our hike, to the right of the photo above, I popped out of the woods just in time to see a paraglider taking off by running and jumping off the cliff. I grabbed the camera quickly, but wasn't able to frame photo well, it all happened in a virtual instant:

IMG_0344.jpg

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That was from the Monashee mountains, BC, on a March 2016 cat skiing trip.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
When it starts to snow outside (finally!!), your new skis are still not mounted, and you realize, despite mounting some 1000+ skis and bindings in your life, you have never mounted so light, but seriously suspicious looking things (read: Dynafit bindings), some quick dry run can't hurt :)

20181118_184505-01.jpeg

And less then 15min later, when you decide paper templates are useless and wrong, you have skis ready to join your backcountry fleet :)
20181119_173348-01.jpeg

Now let's just hope this little piece of metal and plastic really works, as they certainly don't look too convincing. But yeah they are super light :D

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Now let's just hope this little piece of metal and plastic really works, as they certainly don't look too convincing. But yeah they are super light :D

Don't worry -- they work. You also bought the most reliable, and long-tested tech binding out there in the Speed Turn 2.0 . Those will probably last 20 years of skiing.

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
@jmeb considering what people ski with such bindings, including few friends that ski pretty much same stuff and same way as I do, I actually think they will do fine. But when you are used to 2+kg race bindings and DIN sets way off scale of this bindings this few springs and wires don't look to convincing :) But these skis and bindings are way closer to my race xc skis then alpine skis when comparing weight, so going up will be much more fun for sure :D

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
That was from the Monashee mountains, BC, on a March 2016 cat skiing trip.

That's an awesome photo. If sufficiently high in resolution, I'd print that on aluminum (very glossy and flat and dimensionally stable); say 4 x 5 feet!

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
After spending some time this week getting the 80ish wide skis ready for opening day at Alta tomorrow. I should have expected a change what’s forecast. Change of plans and time for a refill

BB6D763F-CB69-4A16-BBF0-C1B35F3087B4.jpeg
2D51AB3F-473B-4A1B-B1A9-E635B9A5FF74.jpeg

SecretAgentMan

Putting on skis
Pass Pulled
Took a hike yesterday in the Chukanut Mountains, an ancient mountain chain just south of town that defines the eastern shore of Bellingham Bay. Here is a view from the parking area, right on a cliff above the bay and the San Juan Islands:

View attachment 58418

Beautiful. I've always wanted to move to Anacortes.