• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Ask and you shall receive.

This was before he went viral. Even before he was done being constructed!

20180808_124251_crop.jpg

They are using him in state tourism promotions. The number of people visiting him is outrageous. The Wellington trail from the bike park to the bridge, near where he resides, is pretty much inaccessible to bikes due to the high volume of pedestrians with loose dogs and children clogging the trail.

Do I sound a little perturbed? Just a skoch.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
They are using him in state tourism promotions. The number of people visiting him is outrageous. The Wellington trail from the bike park to the bridge, near where he resides, is pretty much inaccessible to bikes due to the high volume of pedestrians with loose dogs and children clogging the trail.

Like/Dislike. Both.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Like/Dislike. Both.
Ya, I know. It's a public rec path. But its also the way I get to the trails without riding a busy road.

I think BreckCreate is a bit overwhelmed by its success.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
More Fall Color eye candy from last week.

Who can ID the places... one is really easy :D

_MG_1806.JPG
_MG_1752.JPG
IMG_1836.JPG

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
SD08698-08783-4x2vy.jpg

Above is a second image from my fall leaf trip last week. The peak at frame right is 13118 foot Mt Emerson and to its left a long lake bench leading to popular Piute Pass that 3 of us had backpacked over early August. This is in the John Muir Wilderness and the trail is on the other side of the canyon. To reach this tripod position to a rock outcrop, required climbing, bashing, bushwhacking, monkeying through the expanse of dense quaking aspen in the foreground. This is one of those aspen clone groves the grow on shallow talus slopes underlain by bedrock where below ground is an immense labyrinth of roots that root sprout up individual trunks. Individual trunks are short lived while the roots below ground can be a few thousand years old. The actual image set taken with my A6000 on a panoramic head was a 4 column by 2 row focus stack blend stitch blend of 12100 by 10000 pixels that I cropped to just this more aesthetic section of 4900 by 6300 pixels as areas frame right were shadowed. And then downsized that for this web display.

Last edited:

karlo

Out on the slopes
Inactive
I was looking for info on the use of drones in this section and came across this thread. Beautiful pics! This photo is a bit belated; it's not of-the-day. Taken mid September, during a backcountry tour in Argentina.

FullSizeRender 16.jpg

Taken with an iPhone 5S. We are at top of ridge exiting Frey Hut, intending to traverse to Jakob Hut, waiting for the weather to clear in the opposite valley. I decide to sit down to rest. Sam's looking at the view; nice view, I'll take a photo of him looking at it. Didn't realize how lucky the shot was until later in the day, sorting through photos. In the end, we retreated and did the traverse the next day. (TR in Trip Report section for anyone whose interested.)

About drones, I had as good a time taking photos as I did touring, so next time I want to bring one and get shots I otherwise can't. So, great still camera. And, one that works in cold weather. Drones I looked at today are rated only down to 0 Celsius / 32 Fahrenheit

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
On the hike out, Mt. Shuksan was in our faces:
View attachment 54396
The views are so stunning that you become a little numb to it.[/QUOTE]

@Posaune A little numb, tongue in cheek I am sure. I never get tired of your pics although sometimes a little variety does not hurt. I had meant to post these pictures quite a while ago so a small antidote to the spectactular mountain views, here are a few pics from the interior of Washington I am sure you are familiar with.

Driving up the hill away from the Coulee Dam towards Spokane and some miles along, there is not a mountain to be seen in any direction

DSC04318.JPG

Coming back a slightly different route looking North towards the Coulee Dam. Supposedly the very northern tip of the Sonoran Desert that reaches a little ways into the Okanagan in B.C.
DSC03633.JPG

DSC03629.JPG

DSC03636 (1).JPG

Sponsor

Staff online