• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Waiting out the rain from a different Roma's
20180522_103233.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Downtown Nyc.

IMG_5281.JPG

World Trade Center, Wtc building #7 is on the right. 9/11 Museum on left. In back center in red brick is the old Bell Telephone building. Yet more construction going on.

IMG_5282.JPG

Occulus at Wtc. Looking through fins to skyscraper in back.

IMG_5280.JPG

Escalators from bottom floor of 9/11 Museum. On the wall, which is the base of the memorial pool and outline of the original tower is crumpled steel from the structural facade of the WTC.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
View toward Duck Pass from Lake George Headwall on a day tour @ Mammoth today around 8:30 am.
IMG_20180531_083250983.jpg

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I spent the last six days helping to paint my winter ski house (my son's place in SLC). There were three of us doing a two story house from top to bottom including a total primer job, brickwork, and lots of wood siding. Hard painters work on a scale I haven't attempted in many years. Now I remember why house painters charge big bucks:)

DSCN1434 - Copy (1).jpg

Just needs the new shutters and a little more trim work. Garage door is a new bright white.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I spent the last six days helping to paint my winter ski house (my son's place in SLC). There were three of us doing a two story house from top to bottom including a total primer job, brickwork, and lots of wood siding. Hard painters work on a scale I haven't attempted in many years. Now I remember why house painters charge big bucks:)

View attachment 46962
Just needs the new shutters and a little more trim work. Garage door is a new bright white.
It looks like T 111 siding, not an easy surface to paint.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

View attachment 46962
If you need a get away after that, We are just a short 7 hours west.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 46962

It looks like T 111 siding, not an easy surface to paint.

Baker scaffold and airless sprayer will ease the pain.

Last edited:

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
Did the best I could with my phone. Pelicans in the southern interior of B.C. I have lived here for 40 years and have never seen one or heard of one. Turns out there is a protected nesting site a little further North. Just passing through.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/wht_peli/

IMG_0120.JPG

edit : something funny going on with the posting of the picture

Attachments

• IMG_0120.JPG
    IMG_0120.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 3

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Was there on a cycling trip.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
^^^ Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Was there on a cycling trip.

You are the first person I've known that has gone to Polynesia for a cycling trip. Everyone else arrives on boat and sails. How was the cycling? Road or off-road?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester