• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Disappearing tracks, and the blades that made them.
PXL_20240410_185259375.jpg

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Today, yes it's still snowing and we're skiing in the 'white room "Alyeska" Wednesday got 5", last night about 5" and today about 2" while skiing

View attachment 233394

Had just a couple of breaks of seeing the top ridge, mostly skiing by feel..

View attachment 233395
The Upper Bowl and South Face have always been 'interesting' when the light goes flat, and with Alyeska's snowfall that is fairly often. November through early February has issues with lack of sun exposure due to the low angel of the sun too. Look at Max's Mountain across the Bowl and it is easy to see where that issue comes from.
Lot of good memories from that hill.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I would just a trim a little off the bottom, to center the subject/shadow combo.

All this is making me feel a lot like I'm back on Nature Photographers, where they do a LOT of this (really much of the forum content is photo critique). I used to moderate some of the forums there too - mainly the digital equipment forum. But it's been several years since I've been a regular participant there. Check it out if you're interested:

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
I would just a trim a little off the bottom, to center the subject/shadow combo.

All this is making me feel a lot like I'm back on Nature Photographers, where they do a LOT of this (really much of the forum content is photo critique). I used to moderate some of the forums there too - mainly the digital equipment forum. But it's been several years since I've been a regular participant there. Check it out if you're interested:

I didn't actually crop this one. I just found one that had the Shadow and the flower totally within the frame. It was a quick response to Lauren desiring an image with neither the power or shadow cut off. ogsmile

I do appreciate your comment, though.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I like this photo. The lone seed still clinging to flower that has long since senesced plays to the cycle of life, and that life will arise again from this plant's offspring. The shot angle shows an up movement of the dried flower and it's shadow, which plays to the thought that life will arise again once the warm spring sun melts the snow. The shadows of the branches above the flower nods to yet more life above, sleeping now but will bloom again in due time.