• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

International (Europe/Japan/Southern Hemisphere) Perfect powder snow in Austria - Feb 2019

Salzburger

Booting up
Skier
Skiing in deep powder snow in the beautiful Gastein valley, Bad Gastein, Austria - Ski amade'.
Deep snow in untouched nature, perfect weather and the fresh powder was just awesome, powder skiing is really fun!

We were very lucky, during the ascent we been accompanied by an unforgettable sunrise and we have been first on the mountain (Sportgastein, Kreuzkogel in Badgastein / 2.686m).
The weather was perfect as well as the approx. 60cm deep snow ( fresh powder snow ). And with skier colleagues who not only konw the perfect ski technique, but also share the desire to indulge in deep snow, this is friendship.
... it was a perfect powder day - see video:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Since they started flooding Niseko :roflmao:

onstar1

Booting up
Skier
Most Europeans are into that perfect carving turns on groomers. Powder is more American

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Most appreciated!

A recall the view across the valley at Sport Gastein. When I was there is was closing week. The sun softened snow was sloughing off those nearby slopes and covering the many zig zag track that had been put up earlier. With rain in the town , there was deep fresh snow up high.
I made perhaps 10 runs from the top down to the mid station and then up again. Each time skiing fresh snow not more than 30 meters from my previous track.

A fond memory for sure.

Thanks for that!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January