• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Peek "inside" a boot

pliny the elder

Industry Insider
Skier
The Salomon Design Center in Annecy where that was filmed is an amazing place. Every product, skis, boards, packs, shoes etc. are designed and prototyped in house. In the case of the boots, the molds are machined and tested there and then sent to the factory for production.
They are not afraid to try new things and can fabricate most anything you could think of.

pliny the elder

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Salomon Design Center in Annecy where that was filmed is an amazing place. Every product, skis, boards, packs, shoes etc. are designed and prototyped in house. In the case of the boots, the molds are machined and tested there and then sent to the factory for production.
They are not afraid to try new things and can fabricate most anything you could think of.

pliny the elder
Salomon has always been at the forefront of innovation starting with the S727, the radical boot and ski sizing concepts that truly made sense when you use them as conceived. Cannonballing into ski market with the monocoque S9000. the huge success of the X-Scream collection. Yes, there were some misses...the Pilot binding, the Intrigal boot and Prolink to name a few but overall they have been very progressive.

pliny the elder

Industry Insider
Skier
Salomon has always been at the forefront of innovation starting with the S727, the radical boot and ski sizing concepts that truly made sense when you use them as conceived. Cannonballing into ski market with the monocoque S9000. the huge success of the X-Scream collection. Yes, there were some misses...the Pilot binding, the Intrigal boot and Prolink to name a few but overall they have been very progressive.

This is quite true. There is a tendency to think of something no one else did and swing for the fences. Sometimes it leads to brilliant innovation and sometimes there a reason no one else thought of it.

pliny the elder

Primoz

Skiing the powder
Skier
The Pilot skate binding is great. My whole skating kit is Salomon. ogsmile
It's pretty much Rottefella now ;) They still keep boot sole interchangeable for compatibility with old Pilot bindings (or at least they still did last season), but today it's pretty much Rottefella binding and sole, which is actually better then Pilot ever was. I was never really fan of Salomon, as except for first SNS bindings, when only real competition was shitty Adidas SDS, they were never all that good, and as soon as Rottefella came out they were better from beginning. But I have to admit I would never change my Slab Sense running shoes for anything :D

Sponsor

Staff online