• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Pcmr/canyons - Best Skiing In Years

quant

Don't worry; just go down.
Skier
There was at least 17" of snow last night, probably a little more given powder well above the knees. I imagine the Cottonwoods got two feet minimum. Lots of blasting, waiting for 9990 to open (if not open now) while grabbing lunch. Best skiing in years. It started wet andd then came down dry. So far, so good, in terms of the Vail Resorts imprint on the place. I see no negatives and only positives so far. It really isn't that hard to ski to either side with the new gondola (got that our of my system yesterday just to say I did it). OpenSnow is suggesting the next big storm mostly misses to the south, but some snow will continue all week.

Last edited:

dustyfog

Putting on skis
Skier
While we are arriving at the LCC - the Bird in particular , where BobMc has promised to 'scare the living bejesus out of us ' this week, our friends are arriving into the new and improved PC-Canyons zone, will send them link to your video, they will be ecstatic. Thanks

TS
quant

quant

Don't worry; just go down.
Skier
While we are arriving at the LCC - the Bird in particular , where BobMc has promised to 'scare the living bejesus out of us ' this week, our friends are arriving into the new and improved PC-Canyons zone, will send them link to your video, they will be ecstatic. Thanks

Someday it may all be connected, but that is a debate for another thread and for another day. Dick Bass sold most of his interest in Snowbird to the Cumming family (who foolishly lost PCMR) before he died. Bass was an excellent steward of his mountain. Snowbird will remain in good hands for the foreseeable future. Enjoy your stay.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We missed it by > < much.

dustyfog

Putting on skis
Skier
Someday it may all be connected, but that is a debate for another thread and for another day. Dick Bass sold most of his interest in Snowbird to the Cumming family (who foolishly lost PCMR) before he died. Bass was an excellent steward of his mountain. Snowbird will remain in good hands for the foreseeable future. Enjoy your stay.
Thanks, will do. Interesting oil man who protected a mountain, a towering presence in the annals of ski mountain shepherding in North America

dustyfog

Putting on skis
Skier
Canyons - now just PCMR, just before New Year's 2016, just above Specter and Fools Paradise nice bowl, Four boys 12, 11, 13 and 9 in jumper order , reached by entering through gates off of Alpenglow into steep trees , deep fluffy light snow, in between Dreamscape and Dreamcatcher lifts: Look before you leap, Jumper #1 caught a bit by surprise going over the top, rest wisely went a touch left.

Jwrags

Aka pwdrhnd
Skier
Glad to see the good early start to the season as I will be coming in there on January 30th for a week on my annual guys' ski trip. Looks as if they have gotten a bit of new snow the past couple of days. Can't wait!

Sponsor

Staff online