• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah Park City, UT 3/12/19

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied with @Tony , @Wasatchman and Mrs. Wasatchman for a couple hours today at Park City. They are all wonderful skiers and took me on a very sunny tour mostly of 9990 Peak where the snow was great and the people were few.

We had a little fun with a cornice in Red Pine Chutes. The snow was soft and friendly up there.
Tony in blue, we have lift off! DSCN9704.JPG

DSCN9705.JPG DSCN9706.JPG DSCN9707.JPG

and proof of landing:
DSCN9713.jpg
Wasatchman was our trusty guide:
DSCN9733.JPG DSCN9735.JPG
DSCN9742.jpg
I will post more photos soon.

TS
Jim Kenney

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
The day started with a one hour snowshoe session with my wife over by the Park City Hospital. Gorgeous morning. That's Deer Valley in the background. We saw fat tire bikers and a skinny moose.
DSCN9341.jpg DSCN9352.jpg DSCN9363.jpg

Then my wife went shopping and I met up with Tony and Mr&Mrs Wasatchman on the Canyons side of Park City.
These photos are all mainly from 9990 Peak. Thanks for a great afternoon folks! DSCN9430.jpg DSCN9434.jpg DSCN9437.jpg DSCN9463.jpg DSCN9477.jpg DSCN9505.jpg DSCN9551.jpg DSCN9588.jpg DSCN9653.jpg DSCN9667.jpg DSCN9691.jpg DSCN9699.jpg DSCN9713.jpg DSCN9742.jpg DSCN9756.jpg

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I have a few photos to add taken with my phone. It would have been a good day to have my camera, but I have been leaving it behind as my pockets are usually full enough with water, sandwich, snacks and extra head and neck coverings, etc. Great skiing with @Jim Kenney and thanks for taking the photos. Maybe you missed me getting air off the cornice because I really didn't get very high although I almost caught a pole in the ropeline. Where I came down was the best snow of the day. More thanks to @Wasatchman for the great tour of the best of the former Canyons part of Park City and the ride from base of LCC and back. Also very nice to meet your wife who is a solid skier who hung with us on most runs and even led sometimes. Hope to ski with and see you again sometime.

The first picture is the view W from the top of Red Pine Chutes. 7240BehindCanyons.JPG
The next three pictures are Jim Kenney showing his great form in Red Pine Chutes. Where I came off cornice is along ropeline at far right.
7242JimRidePine.JPG 7243JimRedPine.JPG 7244JimRedPine.JPG

The last two pictures are Wasatchman in The Abyss off Peak 5 chair, a double-diamond area both of us had not skied before. As they say it is much steeper than it looks. 7249AlAbyss.JPG 7250AlAbyss.JPG

marjoram_sage

newly addicted to skiing
Skier
@Wasatchman was generous enough to show me around and take me into my first real powder run on Sunday March 10th. He also gave me a couple of tips on pole plants and it brought a dance link rhythm to my skiing. I probably would not have gone in powder on my own but @Wasatchman's encouragement helped. It is a surreal experience.

My other days were also good. I didn't have any problems with crowds that I had on my last trip on the Canyons side. We got on the lift around 08:45 on Sunday and there was hardly a line. I think people were sleeping in because of the day light savings time change.

This was the worst "crowd" that I encountered.

Mercury is my favorite trail so far. Consistent top to bottom pitch on an uncrowded lift.

Hardly any crowds on the Iron Mountain express lift. You have to take a minimum of 3 lifts to get here so my guess is many people don't make it here.

Sponsor

Staff online