• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ATLSkier

Putting on skis
Skier
A friend is thinking of doing a bachelorette party in Park City/Deer Valley in March. She is wondering what snow conditions are generally like there that time of year. (I know they don't have a lot of snow now, but what would it be like in a normal year in terms of snow and termperature?) Thanks.

Bigtinnie

Formerly 'sbooker' in another world.
Skier
It won’t be as good as the other side of the hill (Cottonwoods). Less snow and snow preservation is no where near as good.
Probably better party atmosphere though.

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For skiing instead of partying, I would reccomend having a car so that you can try the Cottonwood Canyons if Park City snow isn't great, or even if it is.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What time in March? In early March conditions should be about as good as they get at Park City, in other words very good. Late March could still be very good, but might also start to see some slush and loss of terrain due to melting. Even still, probably plenty of fun skiing if the group is not super hard core. And if the group is hard core, then as Bill and BigT suggest, they could drive over to LCC or BCC for a day or two of skiing. No doubt, Park City is the primo location in UT for après ski activities.

MWL

Booting up
Skier
I've found UT more unpredictable in March than CO or WY for instance. There's usually very good snow-pack, but I've dealt with rain and very warm temps there in March on several occasions. I've never dealt with rain in March in CO.

TS
ATLSkier

ATLSkier

Putting on skis
Skier
What time in March? In early March conditions should be about as good as they get at Park City, in other words very good. Late March could still be very good, but might also start to see some slush and loss of terrain due to melting. Even still, probably plenty of fun skiing if the group is not super hard core. And if the group is hard core, then as Bill and BigT suggest, they could drive over to LCC or BCC for a day or two of skiing. No doubt, Park City is the primo location in UT for après ski activities.
I think she is looking at the middle of March