• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Pacific NW, AK, and BC Resorts, Weather, Conditions 19-20

TS
Tom Co.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Stevens was EMPTY today, Thursday, Snow was pretty good, visibility pretty good.

I bought an Epic Senior Stevens Premium Pass for 20/21, good any day, for $140.09 including tax. Yes!!!

Posaune

sliding
Skier
At Baker:
Wednesday, Yesterday- 4" of new and snowing all day. I chose the Heather Meadows side of the hill even though I had to take chair 3 each time. Nobody else seemed to have it figured out. Undisturbed powder turns for two hours. No pictures since I was too involved in other things. Grade: A-

Thursday, Today- No new. It was mostly a groomer day. The ungroomed was the same snow as the groomed, but lumpy. It was supposed to clear up but it was mostly cloudy. However there were a few sun breaks; see below. Grade: B-

IMG_0576.jpg

TS
Tom Co.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just in case any of you have not heard, Both Crystal and Stevens are closed. :(

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
in BC so far only Whistler has closed More because of what's happening south of border than here, but not sure how long the rest will stay open, most usually shut down in less than 3 weeks anyway.
Pretty sure skiing is not the top priority for most now.
Stay safe.

On a political note. Ihave always had issues with American lack of international expertise and goverment however I am well aware that once the resources of the US are finally mobilized there is not much which your nati

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
No offense intended.
. should read there is not much which your nation cannot accomplish.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Everything is still spinning on the East side (and the snow is outrageously good. If you are jonesing for more consider it.

I would not be surprised to see Silver Mountain shut down because of having to ride a gondi to get to it pretty quick. Everyone is shutting down events, but the lifts are spinning.

hull22

Getting on the lift
Skier
I wonder why the Summit at Snoqualmie is still open. They're not selling any new tickets but people with passes, etc are still allowed. Maybe because they sold late season passes and are trying not to have to give out a bunch of refunds.

hull22

Getting on the lift
Skier
I wonder why the Summit at Snoqualmie is still open. They're not selling any new tickets but people with passes, etc are still allowed. Maybe because they sold late season passes and are trying not to have to give out a bunch of refunds.
Spoke too soon. Closing now

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
we still have a few hills open but fewer almost hourly - doubt any will reopen.
Whistler just made it official they won't.

We are going have a lot of our young international seasonal employees both out of work and possibly unable to fly home. Help out as best you can.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Sun Peaks has stopped selling lift tickets but will remain open thru Wed. for multi day ticket holders and pass holders already at the resort.

TS
Tom Co.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^Yes. Baker telemetry has reported new snow over the last three days totaling 45" and more is in the forecast. Temps in the low to mid 20s. More snow on the ground than at any time this season, over 200". I've been slamming my head against the wall, but it doesn't help, I'm still conscious.
202" as of 9:00 this am at Baker. 214" at Paradise on Mt Rainier. Even Snoqualmie had a foot of new. Nice cold temperatures. We have been missing the best skiing of the year.
I have been sitting around watching my edges rust.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
A Sun Peaks ski instructor, upon his/her return to Australia has tested positive to Covid-19.

From SPR website:

We have been made aware of a Sun Peaks Resort employee who recently left the resort to return home and has now tested positive for COVID-19. We feel it is important to share these details as part of our role in community well-being. Please take any necessary precautionary measures you see fit as a result of this information. Particular details include:

• Individual was a Sports School Instructor and lived in staff accommodation (Black Bear Lodge)
  • Last day of work on the mountain was March 16
  • Left Sun Peaks on March 19 for travel to Australia
  • Positive test confirmed on March 24 after arrival in Australia
Our hope is that these details will help you manage your healthcare during this challenging time.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
a number of BC heli or cat skiing company employees also have confirmed cases. Revelstoke is getting hit hard.
now that the seasonal employees have left for home it will be spread as fast there as the return of the snowbirds has spread it in Canada
Whistler has a lot of fresh to valley floor but April isn't going to be my favorite month this year