• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Pacific NW, AK, and BC Resorts, Weather, Conditions 19-20

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just did a road trip and crossed over Stevens Pass so here is a little stoke

Chief and Double Diamond

P1050040.jpg

New Daisy Chair
P1050036.jpg

Looking Up At Barrier Mt

P1050033.jpg

Hogs, Sky, and the New Brooks HSQ P1050035.jpg

TS
Tom Co.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Crystal Mountain's new stuff From their website

WE'VE BEEN BUSY. YOU'LL NOTICE A DIFFERENCE.

This summer and fall Crystal Mountain spent $4.6 Million in improvements largely to improve the customer experience.We collected surveys asking how we could improve and a lot of what we did was a result of what our guests want. Focusing on how to improve your experience as our guests is critically important to us. So if you ever get asked to complete a survey, fill it out and help us continue to make Crystal even better.

BRAND EVOLUTION

WE HAVE A NEW LOGO

Crystal Mountain’s logo is based on the dramatic geography of our resort, with a nod to our rich heritage. The heritage is expressed through the evolved use of the C and M letterforms. We also found it important to include our iconic three summits and neighboring Mount Rainier through the playful interplay of ridges and peaks.

NEW COLOR PALETTE

Inspired by nature our new color palette includes colors like Huckleberry Blue, Indian Paintbrush and Sunrise Yellow. Colors that really drive emotion and connection to the Pacific Northwest Spirit.

NEW WEBSITE

You're currently experiencing the new site. We took a step back and tried to organize all the important information in a way that makes sense. A lot of stuff changed locations and names so make sure to look around and if you get lost use our helpful search bar. Also, we condensed the menu into the corner(three lines), put a weather widget in the heading, and made the search bar easy to find and use.

LIFT AND TRAIL UPDATES

12 NEW GONDOLA CABINS

We're adding 12 new gondola cabins for a total of 36 which brings us to the maximum capacity. The uphill capacity on the Mt. Rainier Gondola is now 900pph (People Per Hour) which is a 50% increase.

200 FOOT MAGIC CARPET

We purchased a new 200-foot Sunkid conveyor which will be located next to the Discovery Lift with a capacity of 1,450pph. This will improve the beginner experience by proving a better transition from getting comfortable sliding on snow before getting on a chairlift.

LAP-ABLE TERRAIN PARK

The terrain park is moving to Quicksilver so it will now have direct lift access. We will still have the Disco Park in Discovery Meadow but the larger Silver Park will be on Quicksilver.

DIRECT LIFT ACCESS

We've made some software and scanner upgrades to allow direct to lift access for Ikon Pass holders and Multi Day Direct Access Card holders. Also, this allows us to have re-loadable passes that reduce waste, are Eco-Friendly, and easier for our guests.

TWO NEW SNOWCATS

We added a PistenBully 400 Park Cat and PistenBully 600 Polar winch cat to the fleet. Having a dedicated Park Cat will help us make our terrain park features better for the beginner or the park expert. We've also added two new pick-points along the summit ridge giving our winch groomers the ability to increase the grooming in Green Valley bowl.

CHAPPELLE'S DIRTWORK

We moved dirt to regrade Chappelle's run so it no longer needs to be winched.

NEW EXPERIENCES

TERRAIN BASED LEARNING

As part of our effort to increase the beginner experience, we're also adding Terrain Based Learning which uses shaped snow to aid in learning the basics on-snow.

DIGITAL INTERACTIONS

We added touch screen registration kiosks in the rental shop and snowsports sales office, this will help streamline the information gathering process and reduce data entry errors. It will also push your rental equipment information to the relevant staff so they can prepare your equipment for you ahead of time. Saving you time and optimizing our processes.

SNOWSHOE TRAILS

Bring those friends or family who don't ski or snowboard with you to Crystal Mountain and we'll entertain them on the 6 new snowshoe trails in the Bullion Basin Area. Meet up with them in the Bullwheel for après and your whole party will have a blast.

LESS WAITING

NEW SHUTTLE

We added an additional shuttle truck to decrease wait times at shuttle stops.

BUY LIFT TICKETS IN THE PARKING LOT

Adding two ticket kiosks, one in Lot B and Lot C, will decrease the line up at our base area ticket windows allowing guests to purchase their ticket while waiting for the shuttle.

NEW FURNITURE

Campbell Basin Lodge has new tables and chairs adding an additional 100 seats which will allow more people to enjoy lunch and not have to wait for a table.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
49° North was acquired by Silver Mountain. Added a magic carpet. Cut some brush. Did a remodel on the lodge over the summer. Other than that pretty much the same hill.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
+17c in Cochrane Alberta last Sunday, followed by -17c on Monday and took the grandkids sledding in the foot of snow their backyard Tuesday.
Hiking and boating almost done on the coast so time to start thinking about it
Nothing new and exciting this year at Whistler but if your up let me know, hope to ski with some of you this year.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
I'll be hanging at Baker and Stevens. No trips planned, yet. SWMBO just had spinal surgery. It was successful, but she isn't cleared to ski until mid January. After that we may well end up at Hood Meadows for a couple of days. I'll be skiing with my grandson on weekends and for myself on week days. I want to get to B.C. but time and commitments may keep me away once more. I'll just have to suffer.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
no idea what SWMBO means but suspect it's Terri, best wishes for her recovery.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
November,
time to start getting the legs ready
on my occasional site visits I am taking the stairs up and down to a 25th floor project, but honestly not much else.
my complete lack of fitness this year is alarming

Whistler's site shows they are not planning on opening until 28th this year.
Unless it's a typo it's going to be a late start this year,

gilligan

Getting off the lift
Skier
Whistler's site shows they are not planning on opening until 28th this year.
Unless it's a typo it's going to be a late start this year,

The 28th is U.S. Thanksgiving Day, which comes late this year. Of course they've been known to open earlier than their official opening date if they get the goods.

TS
Tom Co.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A Ray of Hope
Something to get our minds off of the high freezing level
bwloadtests-3-1-1024x683.jpg

Load testing the new Brooks chair at Stevens, from their blog.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
still nothing on the coast.
Whistler will open but I don't know why. Could only be a bit of man made on groomers at best.

Never skiied on a crowded ribbon of snow maybe I'm missing out on something?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Sun Peaks is scheduled to open this Sat. Nov. 23. There are currently several youth ski teams from around BC doing race training on man made snow on the mid mountain OSV and lower Chute. They are making snow like mad on lower 5 Mile so a top to bottom to end the day on opening day is possible.

TS
Tom Co.

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, Crystal just announced that they are "opening" on Friday. They will have the Discovery chair running on home made snow. This is the beginner chair that is only about 9 ft long with 6 in of vert. At least it perked my interest enough to post.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a dilemna, have a room already reserved for Saturday night in downtown Vancouver, and was possibly going to spend Sunday at Whistler (Friday and Saturday are holiday blackouts for Epic Local pass). My other thought is to instead drive 6+ hours to Revelstoke (vs 2 to Vancouver and another 1 1/2 - 2 hours to WB) on Friday and use my Ikon pass at Revelstoke Sat/Sun, as Revy seems to have a lot more snow.

Or is it better to save Revelstoke for later in the season when more trees and glades are open?

Sponsor