• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Oysters!

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Who likes oysters? I know some people find them repulsive, while others are allergic. and then there are others like me who could slurp up dozens at a time.
These are some Savage Blondes we had the other evening. Mild, meaty, not too big , sweet brine, from Savage Harbour in PEI.
20200906_173348.jpg
20200906_173113.jpg

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love oysters! Have since I was quite young. My mom has a picture of me eating one in Oregon when I was maybe 4.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Oysters YES! A fan forever. Lived in Coos Bay, OR for a little more than a year, lots of commercial oyster bed. Bought em fresh $0.25 a piece the bbq every time the grill was lit. Do em garlic butter with Tabasco. Great eats!

Tom Co.

life's new window
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We grow oysters here in Washington. I just had a great batch at my favorite restaurant on the Washington coast, the Tokeland Hotel. Oysters and hush puppies, Yum.

slowrider

Trencher
Skier
Born & raised in Coos Bay. Worked the docks in HS. Grew up on seafood. Hard to beat Oysters & Tabasco.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Love them.

I have been making Old Bay seasoned Panko fried oysters about once a month.

TS
graham418

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Love them.

I have been making Old Bay seasoned Panko fried oysters about once a month.
Never had them fried . Only clams
I always thought that doing that to oysters was like putting coke in your single malt

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Never had them fried . Only clams
I always thought that doing that to oysters was like putting coke in your single malt
I'm in Reno...what do you think are my options for fresh oysters? None. I am playing the hand that I am dealt. I get my oysters at Costco, 2 16 oz. containers for $13.00. They are getting fried and are still pretty good.

49299827906_e97c18246f_z.jpg

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Hard pass on this and anything that walks, flies or swims that hasn't been THOROUGHLY cooked. Not eating raw or almost raw anything that moved while living. Fruit's about the only thing I'll eat raw.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup. Just slurped down a doz of Maine's finest Damariscotta oysters - Glidden Points--raw of course. We get em up the road here and shuck em fresh. I'll happily do the mignonette thing if I'm in a fine restaurant, but at home it's horse radish and hot sauce--blue collar roots.

I prefer raw, but there is something about a fried oyster ( same with a scallop ) that transforms it to a sum-of-the-parts thing. The oyster liquor melds with the bread crumbs, and if done right offers it's own slice of heaven-- New Orleans Poor Boy anyone? Scallops I prefer pan seared, but every now and then a good fried scallop and romaloud--yum.

Little known fact: NY city was the oyster capital of the US in the 18th/19th century.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hard pass on this and anything that walks, flies or swims that hasn't been THOROUGHLY cooked. Not eating raw or almost raw anything that moved while living. Fruit's about the only thing I'll eat raw.

Don't tell me. You like your ribeye well done with ketchup like the dude in DC. :duck: :ogbiggrin: :beercheer:

Sponsor

Staff online