• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Outer foot sole pain

Sean

I don’t see any holes
Skier
So I took out a new set of skis(Nordica enforcer 100) today. I used my technica Mach ones that I have previously used without this issue occurring. The outer areas of the soles of my feet felt like they were badly bruised and hurt quite a bit for a few runs.

I headed back to the lodge and removed my boots and pulled the liners and foot beds(custom) out and found no visible problems. My feet showed no signs of trauma and there was no tenderness at all in the areas of pain. I put my boots back on and finished the day with less demanding runs than I originally took.

I have demod the skis before and had no issues with them. Is this a binding, boot, or me issue? Any thoughts? Thanks!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Were your previous skis narrower? If so, perhaps the extra leverage of the wider ski is exposing boot "hot spots".

raytseng

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If liners and footbeds are often pulled out, make sure they're installed back flat without any debris or weirdness, if they go in tilted it, that definitely will cause footpain.

For me, I usually get a twinge in the knees with too many hours on wide skis not the feet; however it could be some small muscles/in the feet are trying to torque and twist to compensate instead of feeling it in the knees.

Sponsor

Staff online