• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Really hoping for 2-4” for testing. So many skis that really need some fresh to evaluate.

James

Out There
Instructor
Has Full Tilt changed anything about the lower part of the boot? Like maybe join this century?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Has Full Tilt changed anything about the lower part of the boot? Like maybe join this century?
They have the most successful boot ever for mogul skis, why fix what isn't broken with the Classic. They do offer other models that are you you say, "from this century".

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Any breakthroughs in soft goods? Gloves, shells, pants, etc? Other goodies?

martyg

Making fresh tracks
Industry Insider
My observations from OR/SIA 2019.

Busy booths are a pretty good indication of "hot" manufacturers and/or "hot" products. Brands that had really busy booths: Salomon, Atomic, Volkl/Marker, Armada and Rossignol. Booths with "solid" activity: Head, Fischer, Elan, Blizzard/Tecnica. Booths that seemed "quieter" than normal: Dynastar/Lange, DPS, Kastle, K2, Liberty, and Nordica. Not sure that this means anything, but just general feel for the show

Notable New/Updated products:
Atomic Savor Boots
Volkl Kendo/Kenja Skis
Kastle Women's Line
Dalbelllo Panterra Boot Update
Roxa R/Fit Boots
Head Women's Kore skis and updated Joy Series
Nordica Junior Boot Line
Fischer Ranger Ski Line updates

It could be an indication of who's reps have been out, doing their jobs, and previewing the line. You can also pack a booth with athletes and brand ambassadors, and just glomers, and create buzz. However it doesn't necessarily equate to orders being written. You'd need the BSR's to capture that.

It will be interesting to see how the show evolves. Every show is fighting for relevance these days, and dates are always an issue.

WadeHoliday

Out on the slopes
SkiTalk Tester
Really hoping for 2-4” for testing. So many skis that really need some fresh to evaluate.

Hoping for 2-4 for quality testing, or super fun skiing! ?...

I think it's coming your way from Tahoe, we're getting dumped on.
I was going to join the fray in copper, drive today, but don't want a crazy snow drive all the way to CO and the skiing here is good so tough to justify leaving.

I also don't know if skiing pow in CO would give me much good info for what would work for me in Tahoe snow, but it would be fun!

Looking forward to what you guys learn!

Cheers!
Wade

Marcel

Booting up
Skier
does anybody know what's the retail price on that full tilt après bootie tht was on the show?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Hoping for 2-4 for quality testing, or super fun skiing! ?...

I think it's coming your way from Tahoe, we're getting dumped on.
I was going to join the fray in copper, drive today, but don't want a crazy snow drive all the way to CO and the skiing here is good so tough to justify leaving.

I also don't know if skiing pow in CO would give me much good info for what would work for me in Tahoe snow, but it would be fun!

Looking forward to what you guys learn!

Cheers!
Wade

2-4” would have been a nice refresh on the groomed (no snow here in over a week) and provided better testing for wider skis off piste

WadeHoliday

Out on the slopes
SkiTalk Tester
2-4” would have been a nice refresh on the groomed (no snow here in over a week) and provided better testing for wider skis off piste

yep, I can see that.
we received another foot or so overnight here at lake level, hope you got something out there, sure glad I didn't try to drive...!
I guess my point is that a ski that tests really well in that much colorado snow doesn't really tell us much about how it behaves in the real world. In my experience, many skis work well in ego pow, even my 201 k2 slc back in the day, now, once it gets skied out, and you expose some frozen bumps underneath, then a ski is good, or not!
Enjoy!
W

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
yep, I can see that.
we received another foot or so overnight here at lake level, hope you got something out there, sure glad I didn't try to drive...!
I guess my point is that a ski that tests really well in that much colorado snow doesn't really tell us much about how it behaves in the real world. In my experience, many skis work well in ego pow, even my 201 k2 slc back in the day, now, once it gets skied out, and you expose some frozen bumps underneath, then a ski is good, or not!
Enjoy!
W

I think the storm was a dud here in Colorado, at least in the i70 vicinity and north.

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
From afar, it's looking sunny, relatively warm and very windy up at Copper Mountain today:

Webcams_-_Center_Village.jpg

https://www.coppercolorado.com/the-mountain/webcams/mountain/center-village-hd-cam

Surface conditions should be excellent on groomers and wind favored slopes. Bumps will be chalky and very edge-able, but a bit firm (by spoiled Colorado standards).

Here's a picture of the upper mountain on Saturday showing the excellent coverage:

img_20190202_114918-jpg.64600

There have been a couple days of sustained high winds since then:
https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KCCU.html

Looks like they are keeping the lifts spinning in the wind today as typical:
https://twitter.com/CopperCOMMS

If one braves the wind on the upper lifts today they will be rewarded in Spaulding Bowl and on the S lift, or there are other options for quick off-piste shots that will be nice for testing skis.

Last edited:

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
That photo reminds me that I haven't seen a half pipe at any of the areas I've been to in the last year.

wallyk

Would rather be ski'n
Skier
my productivity is shot......way too much to look at, read, and day dream about the next purchase.

Black Crows are groovy........love it. Any changes to the Stockli laser line next year????

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here are some shots from Copper...

From the boot room:
DAATeoqDR6eOkUbJ9LHTBg.jpg

gNyMecj3RXWSxCenx88Ipw.jpg

tBWAhj4hTyKS4pIrSogV6g.jpg

rHu1HyBIRF2g7ETZ80c6NA.jpg

jVT6nMsETbaLUs7jlxA33g.jpg

Tent City:
VQ+G1RCVRGaH31MhO3+D7A.jpg

VQ+G1RCVRGaH31MhO3+D7A.jpg

xetI2XLDSAqGWaWWyDXS%g.jpg

HdE0XO3cRRWGTol7Lxe7IA.jpg

Celeb appearances:
2%EYysdbT+S41Vj7Vv61eA.jpg

Mike Hattrup and Justin Koski having fun with us.

gJw6dM2CRz+liN0%qvbEeA.jpg

TJ Lawson from Liberty Skis taking a run with us. BTW, Libery had THE best tunes of the show.

jCBvzyq0QxyNBKFDn6Q9HA.jpg

Team Pugski with Pret, our helmet sponsor.

One of the testers favorite skis, Salomon S/Force Bold.

Sponsor

Staff online