• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

OTG Goggles?

TS
Redleg

Redleg

Groomer Gooner
Skier
Any luck?

There was quite a bit of wind at Winterplace last Sunday (20-30 mph gusts at the top of the ridge), and I had the switch set on yellow (the automatic setting). Don't believe the fan ever had to activate and I didn't have any fogging issues. We'll see tomorrow, supposed to meet up with one of the ambassadors from the old neighborhood and expecting calmer conditions.

TS
Redleg

Redleg

Groomer Gooner
Skier
In the meantime...

Installation was fairly straightforward, had to poke the mounting screws through the thin foam vent liner at the top of the goggles.
IMG_2586.JPG
Fit is very good, no obstruction of view when wearing and no problem with the glasses.

IMG_2587.JPG

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
In the meantime...

Installation was fairly straightforward, had to poke the mounting screws through the thin foam vent liner at the top of the goggles.
View attachment 2689
Fit is very good, no obstruction of view when wearing and no problem with the glasses.

View attachment 2690

Which brand is this? I am very interested in reports. Despite everyone else's experiences to the contrary, my Anons fog like nobody's business.

TS
Redleg

Redleg

Groomer Gooner
Skier
It's a Scott branded fan but is also sold by Haber.

TS
Redleg

Redleg

Groomer Gooner
Skier
Alright @Philpug and the greater Four-Eyed PugSki Collective. The boss and I went to Massanutten, VA this afternoon and I had the Scott OTG Goggles with Phil's Scott-branded No Fog Goggle Fan inserted. As with last weekend, I set it on automatic. Conditions were overcast, a bit humid, and 34 degrees. After the first run, and waiting in the lift line, the goggles started to fog. As I got on the lift, I heard a distinct, high-pitched buzz. The auto function on the fan had turned on and the goggles began to clear. Was all clear by the time we reached the top of the lift. The fan cut off at some point on the way down the run. After the second run and another lift line, fog once again and the fan functioned as advertised once again. Unfortunately that was the end of our afternoon. A call from work for the boss and we had to cut our fun short.

Going to try and get back to one of the area hills tomorrow and give the fan a longer trial run, but a thumbs-up for the initial test. :thumb:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Going to try and get back to one of the area hills tomorrow and give the fan a longer trial run, but a thumbs-up for the initial test. :thumb:

I'm definitely paying attention (even though I'm no longer / not currently a four eyes type person). I look at that thing and wonder if having it hanging above my eyes would be distracting and limit vision. How did you find it? Also, do you have to destroy the foam or whatever in the top of the goggles to use it - ie, once you attach it, you wouldn't be able to change your mind without needing to buy new goggles?

I had a new experience Saturday: my goggles fogged from sweat, and then when I pulled off the lens to wave them dry, the fog froze to the lens. Probably not unusual for colder climates, but that was a first for me in Colorado!

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I wear contacts for skiing and, but I remember glasses under goggles. It may be worth buying a cheap pair of glasses just for skiing. Even though I wear bifocals, I bought a pair of single -vision prescription sunglasses for summer sports. You don't need to read to ski. I can't read with my contacts either.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Monique, they don't destroy the goggles but they to leave holes in the foam. Can you hear the fan when running? yes. It is not annoying but it is there.

TS
Redleg

Redleg

Groomer Gooner
Skier
@Philpug Yes can hear the fan but only on the lift. @Monique - Today is a bluebird 5 deg, wind chill of -17F. Fan is doing an excellent job of keeping goggles and glasses clear. It is not in line of sight at all.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@Philpug Yes can hear the fan but only on the lift. @Monique - Today is a bluebird 17F, wind chill of 3F. Fan is doing an excellent job of keeping goggles and glasses clear. It is not in line of sight at all.

View attachment 2757

Definitely interested. Not excited about holes in the foam. Maybe I'll try them with an old pair of goggles - IIRC they already have holes in the foam! - as a test. You know, if/when I get them. (I've never seen a piece of ski equipment I didn't want to play with.)

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I wear contacts for skiing and, but I remember glasses under goggles. It may be worth buying a cheap pair of glasses just for skiing. Even though I wear bifocals, I bought a pair of single -vision prescription sunglasses for summer sports. You don't need to read to ski. I can't read with my contacts either.

Unless you're trying to read the menu over lunch... ;)

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Or the trail map??

Well, yeah, that would apply too... :thumb: My original statement was an inside joke with @mdf -- I was skiing with him on Sunday and we went someplace new for lunch, so we had to actually *gasp* read the menu. We both know our way around our local New England mountains that we don't need the trail map. Besides, we're guys -- guys don't use maps! :duck:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
And I actually had reading glasses, with me, but it took a long time to find them.
I've gotten so into the habit of following Kevin around that I only know the names of 3 trails anyway.