• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Bob Simpson

Putting on skis
Skier
In the 60's and 70's, I witnessed many an orphan ski pole repurposed to a certain type of pipe! They were hung in several secret places on the mountain for emergency use, known locally as a "kitchen". So....if you live where it's legal, there ya go! :cool:

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Perfect for ensuring social distancing, swing it around like a made man when you go out people will give you distance and those that don’t will wish they had. If this keeps up long enough people will recognize you a keep their distance long after this has passed.

ogwink

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Perfect for ensuring social distancing, swing it around like a made man when you go out people will give you distance and those that don’t will wish they had. If this keeps up long enough people will recognize you a keep their distance long after this has passed.

ogwink
1589160889011.png

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier

ogwink
Reminds me of a story my visually impaired friend told me when she first got her cane. She is legally blind, but can make out blobs. She was super frustrated in an airport, when people were literally stepping over her cane, while she was walking. So the next person that did it she started swinging it back and forth whacking them on both ankles a couple of times until they could get loose, all the while saying loudly something like, “What's that? Is someone there?”

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Is everyone so OCD they couldn't possibly ski with a mismatched pair of poles?

Pair em with another orphan and get skiing - everyone knows there is more cred in looking like you ski a lot and DNGAF about your mismatched, scratched, bent poles than in sporting bright and shiny new carbon Lekis etc.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Pair em with another orphan and get skiing - everyone knows there is more cred in looking like you ski a lot and DNGAF about your mismatched, scratched, bent poles than in sporting bright and shiny new carbon Lekis etc.
Speaking only for myself, yes.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I use an old pole for a hummingbird feeder holder on my motorhome. The handle goes into a flagpole holder mounted by the bedroom window. It's a really old aluminum pole with a solid ring basket. Way better than the wooden dowel it replaced. Sorry, no pictures.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
*Crosses @Jenny off the potential let's-ski-one-of-each-ski BSL buddy list*

If your feet are about the same size but the BSL are slightly different, you can avoid binding adjustments by swapping one boot along with the ski.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If your feet are about the same size but the BSL are slightly different, you can avoid binding adjustments by swapping one boot along with the ski.
Now that's just crazy talk!

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Driveway markers, walking sticks, donate to an adaptive ski program, bong, pick-up truck capper rear window brace...

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier
Donate to a powder snowboarder. They can pole along the traverse or use it as a selfie stick.

They need all the help they can get.

pchewn

Skiing the powder
Skier

Not this guy. One season I skied on one Head ski and one Fischer ski. I called them my Fish-Heads . I would get strange looks from the other person on the chair.

I had broken one of my Fischer skis and my brother had broken one Head ski. He could afford a new pair and I could not. So Fish-Head skis were born. Honestly, it was not that hard to adapt and get used to different skis on each foot.

Sponsor

Staff online