• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Do you know if the AI customized your skis or one of those pesky humans?

I can tell they were customised just by looking at the core profile. Human or AI? No idea, soz.

How about the length? You probably told them the length of you Monster 88's?

I did. I expect my height entered the computation as well.

Very pretty skis!

Thanks.

Did anyone notice the straight linear structure with a 15mm unstructured gap on either side?

James

Out There
Instructor
What did you tell them for tune?
Satisfied with the grind/flatness?
Btw, you tune your skis differently when you go out west?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
What did you tell them for tune? Btw, you tune your skis differently when you go out west?

I didn't tell them anything, wanted to see what they'd come up with. Pretty happy with what's there - they will get used on midwinter snow both east and west.

Eh, not much different other than the obvious wax change. The spring structured skis get left home unless I'm going to CA or OR in April/May.

James

Out There
Instructor
I didn't tell them anything, wanted to see what they'd come up with. Pretty happy with what's there - they will get used on midwinter snow both east and west.

Eh, not much different other than the obvious wax change. The spring structured skis get left home unless I'm going to CA or OR in April/May.
Surely you picked edge angles?
If not, what did they supply?

James

Out There
Instructor
Nope, I didn't, I took a flyer on the whole Kante Scharf package. They look 1/2 which is fine for now - with detuned tips :cool:.
We talking primoz's gummi stone edge point reducing or more serious?
Now having doubts about their natural intelligence...

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
Those skis look beautiful. Out of curiosity I went through the AI engine and thought it asked some questions that help get to what you need. When it comes to custom snow skis when I think of all the parameters I know I don't know enough to go full custom but I thought this process was pretty good. The recommended ski that came out for me sounds like something I would really enjoy. Unfortunately I already bought one new pair of skis this year and I know my wife wouldn't be happy with a second set arriving.

James

Out There
Instructor
Well, actually, not yet. I've been waiting for the exposed rocks and gravel to get covered at least. Fortunately I have a deep catalog of other (rock) skis.
Late November was the time! Maybe this wkend?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So a Laser SC mommy and a Monster 88 daddy adopt this trampoline orphan...

Upside: rebound is unbelievable
Downside: doesn't float like other skis in its width range

The rebound and the playfullness make these friendlier in bumps than the Monsters, they are also lighter and more flick able. But But But, you have to focus on inside foot pullback or you will get thrown.

Who is it for?

Carvers who want a premium, light 60/40 ski.
Bigger instructors who want a slow/fast teaching ski
Euro/East OSQ for bigger guys

Not for:
Hunting tree stashes
Western use except in very low tide

Honestly, O+ can probably build you what you want; I got exactly what I asked for.

Rod9301

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This is such a lame attempt at marketing skis.
I can't believe people are falling for this.

AI?

LATEST buzzword for people without sense?

James

Out There
Instructor
So a Laser SC mommy and a Monster 88 daddy adopt this trampoline orphan...

Upside: rebound is unbelievable
Downside: doesn't float like other skis in its width range

The rebound and the playfullness make these friendlier in bumps than the Monsters, they are also lighter and more flick able. But But But, you have to focus on inside foot pullback or you will get thrown.

Who is it for?

Carvers who want a premium, light 60/40 ski.
Bigger instructors who want a slow/fast teaching ski
Euro/East OSQ for bigger guys

Not for:
Hunting tree stashes
Western use except in very low tide

Honestly, O+ can probably build you what you want; I got exactly what I asked for.
So, are you happy with the intwraction with the ai?
And you're happy with your frankenlite ski?

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
So, are you happy with the intwraction with the ai?

No. That might sound weird but I think the strength of the AI might really be in interpreting the results of the glacier demo events, which I did not attend last season.

And you're happy with your frankenlite ski?

Happy is one word for it. The performance envelope of this ski is so different from other ~179 cm skis that I would feel silly spending money on a generically designed tech ski in the future.

Some time ago, back on Epic, I had a thread titled "MX 88 - the M is for 'meh.'"

I'm not an O+ fanboy, not yet. By the end of the season I could be. These skis are not meh.

Last edited:

dj61

Getting on the lift
Skier
I filled in their questionaire twice. Never heard anything back.

Freddo Bumps

Booting up
Skier
@sigiski, what can you tell us about the shapes/profiles of the forthcoming Sidecountry and Backcountry models? I’m quite intrigued by these.