• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

tomahawkins

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The one thing that turned me off from Original+ was the whole AI/customization thing. I'd rather they just build a product with published specs.

Their user parameters where kind of funny. A few options for skiing preference, location, height and weight only enumerates to a few hundred possible configurations. I bet the cost of running those Nvidia racks to crunch multi-billion parameter models is what took them under.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Next you're going to tell me Miller skis are out too.

she hasn't tried them :) let alone with view to purchase :)

The one thing that turned me off from Original+ was the whole AI/customization thing. I'd rather they just build a product with published specs.

*shrug* I have a pair of crud destroyers that I never in a million years would have picked off a spec sheet, and that arguably wouldn't exist if it hadn't been for the questionnaire. How many 177cm 88waist SX skis are there, and how many of them are rated for 110kg skiers? Teee heee!

I reckon if it fits in standard boxes, it's a commodity. And the AI very much helped escape the commodity feel.

Last edited:

mihai_omega

Booting up
Skier
I had the pleasure to rent a pair of Original+ MOD.8 having 88mm width under the foot. It happened in December 2022 in Kitzsteinhorn, Austria. The slopes had all kind of snow, from crud to small moguls. These skis have an immense capacity of absorbing every unevenness, every bump of the slope, to ride the moguls like they were not even there. I fell in love with them and I enjoyed every minute of the day. Super stable, fast and damping like a luxury limousine. At that time I did not know they use AI for customization, anyway the skis were ready for rent, so they were already customized or maybe standard factory settings. Now I do not care about that, as the felling I had back then is unforgettable. I know that I was on the skis, they were not AI driven. (This is my first post, just some random thoughts and feelings about Original+ MOD.8. I never had the chance to rent another pair since then).

Sponsor

Staff online