• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Options for knock kneed skier?

milkman

Getting on the lift
Skier
Im 70 years old and have a problem with my knees moving sharply inward. I’ve had boots canted, strips added inside my boots to alter my stance, my boot cuffs adjusted but none of these solved my problem. Obviously traditional boot modifications work for lots of folks but not so much for me.
Several medical professionals have told me i have a hip issue that causes my knee alignment problem and all this “stance” adjustment is counterproductive for me and contributes to my lower back pain.
Mounting my boots/bindings in a slightly duck footed stance would allow my knees to flex in line with my skis (straight). Does anyone have any experience with mounting the bindings off center?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Im 70 years old and have a problem with my knees moving sharply inward. I’ve had boots canted, strips added inside my boots to alter my stance, my boot cuffs adjusted but none of these solved my problem. Obviously traditional boot modifications work for lots of folks but not so much for me.
Several medical professionals have told me i have a hip issue that causes my knee alignment problem and all this “stance” adjustment is counterproductive for me and contributes to my lower back pain.
Mounting my boots/bindings in a slightly duck footed stance would allow my knees to flex in line with my skis (straight). Does anyone have any experience with mounting the bindings off center?
There are some abducted boots which allow a more open stance Nordica has had a few series as has Fischer. Older Salomon Driver bindings with independent wing adjustments which will add to adjust some of the abduction.

Sponsor

Staff online