• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Opinions on FX85, Fischer Ranger 90ti, and Mindbender 90ti

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
Following this thread b/c of great deals available on Kastle FX85's lately. Any more comments on them? I've read the 2016 review thread, but still unsure. I'm looking for an eastern crud/bumps/tree ski that is easier than my Motive 95's. 5'6", 170lbs, level 7+/8. I'm thinking non-HP in 181.
Comments?

I'm a bit smaller and less competent than you. Just picked up the FX85 in a 165cm, and everything that's been said so far seems true. Lots of fun and very quick turning in bumps and what little trees I could find today. Uninspiring groomer performance.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The whole local vs. visitor thing is very silly yet it exists at nearly every ski area.

Following this thread b/c of great deals available on Kastle FX85's lately. Any more comments on them? I've read the 2016 review thread, but still unsure. I'm looking for an eastern crud/bumps/tree ski that is easier than my Motive 95's. 5'6", 170lbs, level 7+/8. I'm thinking non-HP in 181.
Comments?

I would put you on the 173 over the 181, for that use case.

Like Tony said,173.