• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Opinion Requested: Nordica Belle 2017

JasonT

Booting up
Skier
Hello Community,

Looking for an opinion on this ski for my lovely wife, here are the details:

Location mostly skied; Midwest (Wisconsin) with 1-2 trips out to the mountains in the West
Skier Type: conservative. She’s good good “pivot/smear” turning technique and has no strong desire to get into high angle carving for speed. Bottom line, she likes the way she skis and I’m looking for a ski to fit this style.

Her current skis are old (10+ years) so it’s time to get into the new technology. She’s tried some friends K2 Thrilluvit (85mm underfoot) and liked the ski. Her comment was “it’s such a smooth ride compared to my current ones.” The other ski she tried (thanks @Dwight ) was the Nordica Santa Anna 100. She also really liked that ski, she said even more than the K2.

We don’t want to spend a ton of cash for the latest and greatest. Want something that has a bit of rocker on the tip and tail for when we’re out west and she ventures off the trail a bit and something that is not super stiff.

The rationale for the Belle is it SEEMS to fit the bill AND I can get a good deal. That said, open to other options that might be at a great price point (less thank $500-ish for a full set up).

Thanks in advance for any opinions,
Jason

Analisa

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Belles would be more similar to the K2s. You mention nothing super stiff, but the Santa Ana’s from the past 2 years are no noodles. If she liked those more, Victa 87 ti could be worth a look. Sharp pricing even at MSRP, they’ll further markdown in April, and they’ve been around for enough seasons it’s pretty easy to find a pair on clearance.

Sponsor

Staff online