• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
FB_IMG_1447127909764.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Get some!
Northstar is opening this weekend and I'm working, but I'll be on the mountain and am looking forward to seeing the skiers coming through the village.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I was on the 4th chair with @FTM & @KevinQ. The first run was at least knee deep for all three of us. I know, those of you that know the size difference between the three of us, find that hard to believe. 2nd run, patrol had just dropped a rope right past the first run. LEGIT face shots for me, crotch deep for @KevinQ (can I say crotch???) and somewhere in the middle for @FTM . We were able to have 5 great runs in the first hour. Unfortunately, it was industry demo day at LL and the line became insane after 10amish. We kept hearing rumors of patrol opening chair 2 or 6, but those rumors were false. The decision was then made to make a trip to Broken Compass for a couple of post pow day beers.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was on the 4th chair with @FTM & @KevinQ. The first run was at least knee deep for all three of us. I know, those of you that know the size difference between the three of us, find that hard to believe. 2nd run, patrol had just dropped a rope right past the first run. LEGIT face shots for me, crotch deep for @KevinQ (can I say crotch???) and somewhere in the middle for @FTM . We were able to have 5 great runs in the first hour. Unfortunately, it was industry demo day at LL and the line became insane after 10amish. We kept hearing rumors of patrol opening chair 2 or 6, but those rumors were false. The decision was then made to make a trip to Broken Compass for a couple of post pow day beers.
5 great runs and a trip to Broken Compass FTW!

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Skied with Dean, Colin and another friend of theirs. We got to the lift at 7:20, There was just 3 others ahead. Copper handed out hot chocolate and donuts. We were all psyched to grab the 1st or 2nd chair but then the "secret pass" people showed up and they got on before us.. Dean still managed to beat most of them down :) Super crowded and bodies were flailing all over. Terrible mix of newb skiers/riders who didn't know how to ski broken.

DeAnn Sloan

ACLs are overrated.
Skier

Great start to the season. This makes me hate you just a little more. I mean that in the best way possible, of course.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Had a blast skiing with @Ron and some instructor buddies. Even though the Secret Pass holders snaked my first chair I managed to beat them all down the mountain. 6"-8" of beautiful blower pow from top to bottom. Not much pitch coming down Main Vein, so it wasn't high-speed pow slashing and face shots, but it was silky smooth and orgasmic nonetheless. Lift lines by 10-10:30am were about 10 minutes and the run had started to develop some bumps. The crowds continued to grow throughout the day and the snow continued to fall until about 2pm. I had pretty much had enough by 2, though the skiing was still quite good. You definitely had to keep your head on a swivel to avoid being taken out by a racer or some out of control yahoo, but patrol did a great job managing the crowds. The also had a small jib park setup at the top of the American Eagle lift which helped keep the park rats at bay. All things considered, I felt as though it was a pretty solid performance on Copper's part.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Geez. Do I need one more pass? I already have an Epic Pass, an Aspen Classic Pass, and a Loveland Mid-Week Pass.
Maybe a Copper Four Pack for such emergencies?

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
We are doing our best! Breck opens today but I have to work. Its 10* here this AM and feels wintry! Storm coming in Monday so the storm watching begins. May be doing another road trip down to Summit Monday afternoon.