• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
I thought I was being organized this morning and tuned & waxed skis, w CH5 bc it was supposed to be cold. Just checked forecast and it changed! Now btw 20 and 26 during race time. How exact a science is this? Do I ... need to start over with CH6? Not that I’d necessarily be willing to do that but I’d at least entertain the thought or get my kids to do it themselves ..... Tx for any info

TS
E

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
Already scraped ... thanks, will do. Now just have to motivate to do it .... Does a few degrees off make a big difference? Also, is it the temp air temp or snow temp? Looking hard for an excuse to just sit on the couch and not deal w fixing :wine:

James

Out There
Instructor
Already scraped ... thanks, will do. Now just have to motivate to do it .... Does a few degrees off make a big difference? Also, is it the temp air temp or snow temp? Looking hard for an excuse to just sit on the couch and not deal w fixing :wine:
Better too cold of a wax on warmer snow than the opposite. Ie, warm wax on very cold snow you could walk uphill.
It's snow temp.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Depends on which brand of wax! Swix says air temps! Like James says colder is better than warmer but I would add a little 6 on top now. Ch5 is pretty cold

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I think you should have at least tasha waxxing her skis :P

TS
E

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
@Josh Matta she's kind of a princess and doesn't seem to care for our minus ten garage. Actually in all fairness she does sometimes, but it's my favorite OCD / work avoidance activity ... actually this is a pretty good work avoidance activity too :beercheer::wave:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid