• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

One Star Yelp Reviews: National Park Edition

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tim Murphy/ Mother Jones
The National Park Service turns 99 years old on Tuesday. To celebrate, the Department of the Interior has waived admission fees for all NPS sites for the day. That's a pretty sweet deal. You should stop reading this right now, call in sick, and enjoy the great outdoors. National parks are great.
canyon_0.jpg
But not everyone agrees. Yelp is filled with one- and two-star reviews of America's most pristine and majestic natural wonders. And honestly, they're riveting. What makes a national park a one-star destination varies from one reviewer to the next. Maybe the tacos at the visitor center aren't up to snuff. Maybe it was cloudy. Maybe the park was too cowardly to cut down some trees for spillover parking lots. Maybe it was President Barack Obama's fault. Read Whole Story.

michael

Skier
It's true, our National Parks suck. Completely. They are terrible. Please do not go them. I beg you. Seriously... do not go to them. They are incomprehensibly uninteresting. Believe me when I say that if you do not go, you will not have to waste time later reflecting on how awful they are... you will also improve my odds of getting the shot I'm after...

And while we are on the subject, stay out of our National Forests, too.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will say, the Petrified Forest was our least favorite..maybe 2.5 stars..max.

michael

Skier
I definitely love some of them more than others - Canyonlands and Yellowstone top my list... Zion was odd to me (mostly due to having the wrong expectations). Canyonlands is where my life changed, though - sitting on a rim in that park I resolved myself to moving out west (and did so a year later).

Also, just to clarify... the linked article in the OP is a year old - TODAY (8/25/2016) is actually the 100th birthday of the NPS. And a big thanks! to Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir for putting all of it in motion!

Sponsor

Staff online