• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

One more poll while we're waiting for snow: Sunrise or Sunset?

It doesn't get much better than...

• Morning coffee watching the sunrise

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Evening beverage watching the sunset

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
While I was sitting here in my pajama pants with my morning cup of coffee watching the sunrise out my loft window, I was thinking...It doesn't get much better than this.

Then I remembered an evening on the patio with an adult beverage in hand watching the sunset and hearing @Philpug say,....It doesn't get much better than this.

0FB146DF-1567-43A5-83EA-79A78D4742FA.jpeg

VickiK

Out on the slopes
Skier
I like both but sunsets are easier to get to. I'm gonna have to change my vote. One of the best things about the sunrise is the quiet. That's less likely to happen for a sunset, but when it does, man that's my favorite.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I like both but sunsets are easier to get to. I'm gonna have to change my vote. One of the best things about the sunrise is the quiet. That's less likely to happen for a sunset, but when it does, man that's my favorite.
I'm fortunate to have the window in my loft look out over sunrise over Reno. Its a good way to start the day.
But then..... I've seen some amazing sunsets.
This is one of the hardest votes for our waiting for snow polls.

The person who has so many amazing sky images is @SBrown.

Posaune

sliding
Skier
While I enjoy the early morning and would like a good sunrise, I'm not geographically situated well for such a display. I look out to the west on a bay and islands which have incredibly gorgeous shows fairly often. Here is one from close to my living room window (had to go outside to get away from my neighbor's tree). I have better local sunset pics, but they are not from my neighborhood. Sometimes I have to pinch myself, knowing that going in the opposite direction I have day access to fantastic skiing.
Aug 24-2011.jpg

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
QC00396y.jpg

Our planet Earth has incredible beauty if one seeks out such places beyond the monotonous, dull, ordinary, and especially beyond the night light and dirt polluted urban so many rarely escape from. Our dawn sunrise sunset dusk sky colors have undoubtedly warmed and inspired hearts and minds of we human beings over tens of thousands of years. All so amazing that when looking up at our vast starry universe on clear moonless nights, I often wonder how it evolved so by mere coincidence. Our we just so lucky? On Kirkwood ski days I sometimes stop along SR88 and pull out my tripod and camera if the dusk sky is colorful like it was above a few years ago.

T-Square

Terry
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Since we are on this subject, I was lucky enough to see the green flash at sunset on Midway Island.

At about 2:40 in the video. (Not my video.)

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
This one's tough I voted for sunrise, I'm an early riser so like @VickiK said the quiet stillness, listening to the birds wake up, I've seen some beautiful sunrises on my way to the Mt. I do have more Sunset Photos than Sunrises here's one from one of my local lakes in the fall .
11011228_10205596438821743_7347239660662516400_n - Copy.jpg

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have to admit, this is a poll I am not sure I can choose.

...Folks....it doesn't get much better than this.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Getting my morning coffee about an hour ago, this is the view from my loft office looking over Reno
Its a really nice way to start the day.

IMG_1529.JPG

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@pchewn that sunrise beats my sunrise over Reno. Amazing!

Sponsor

Staff online