• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Old Skier "Dos". Or You Might Be a Ski Snob If..

zz28zz

Putting on skis
Skier
You might be a ski bum/snob if:
You know every dive motel on Calif side of Stateline, and even scarier, they know you.
Interior of car is all scratched up from freshly sharpened edges.
When there's a blizzard warn in the mountains, you start calling all your friends trying to find someone crazy enough to drive right thru it.
You laugh uncontrollably when you pass someone with skies AND boots on roof rack.
You can install tire chains in near total darkness in the rain all the while fighting off the snow chain guy. Then, you can find one of your chains when it pops off 5 miles later in 6" of fresh powder, re-install it and still be smiling.
You finally get sick of chains vibrating various parts from your car and buy a 4wd vehicle that you only use for ski trips..

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You ask one of your much younger buds who is an instructor at the local "Get Air Trampoline Park"... " Why don't you have classes for people over 40? " ....... and then to your amazement they actually set them up based on your request! :daffy:

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
You ask one of your much younger buds who is an instructor at the local "Get Air Trampoline Park"... " Why don't you have classes for people over 40? " ....... and then to your amazement they actually set them up based on your request! :daffy:
Our local trampoline park banned inverts everywhere but the foam pit. A couple years ago they were still allowed, last time we went, new signs up saying inverts over foam pit only. Oh well, I actually finally feel too old to keep doing them but if I were under 50 I'd be pretty bummed about the new policy.

Yo Momma

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You might be a ski bum/snob if:

Interior of car is all scratched up from freshly sharpened edges.

NICE! Love that one! If I scratch the inside of the vehicle w/ skis or kiteboards, then those are "love taps" and/or "badges of honor". Scratch the inside doing anything else... and I'm PO'd. LOL

Sponsor

Staff online