Old School vs New

Discussion in 'Hardgoods: Skis, Bindings, Poles, and More' started by DocGKR, Nov 10, 2019 at 3:59 PM.

1. DocGKR

DocGKR Putting on skis Skier

While visiting my Mom this weekend, we found my last pair of college GS racing skis from the early 1980’s that evidently had been hidden away in a corner of the garage for nearly 40 years—these old Kastle National Team GS skis are 210cm (88mm-68mm-78mm) with a turn radius of 52m as determined by the FIS ski radius calculator (http://member.fis-ski.com/skicalc.htm).

Since I am just getting back into racing after a multi-decade absence, I thought it might be fun to compare them with my newest GS skis—some Head Womens FIS 188cm/30m (101mm-65mm-82mm):

GS Skis.png

Now if I could only find my old Kastle DH skis with the holes in the tips....

oldschoolskier likes this.
  2. Jilly

Jilly Lead Cougar Skier

Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
    I never understood the brake position on that binding. I think I was on a pair of Head Wahoo's around then....Or Head Racing SR's....

Fun times back then. I'll keep my new skis thank you...