• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

For Sale Old Bindings: Atomic 1018 & Rossi P14

Vitamin I

one-track mind
Skier
2 low-price items for sale. Nobody on TGR seems to want them, so maybe people here can put these to good use.

Item #1):
USED Atomic R:1080 bindings, JUST MAKE A LOWBALL OFFER.
Shipping: It might fit in a $13.65 flat-rate USPS box to lower 48 states.
- This old model is known for being high-DIN, heavy, good durability, doesn't develop much slop over time, very adjustable.
- DIN range = 10-18
- Metal heelcup
- ~80mm brakes,
- Like Marker Schizo, you can change mount positions on the hill (no tools) to 5 different positions within a ~2.8cm range.
- Can set toe to lock or unlock upward release.
- Functional Condition = Seems Good by visual inspection & fondling,
- Cosmetic Condition = Fair.
- This "R:1080" version has ~4mm taller stack height than the "Race" version of the 1018, and this version here was marketed more for freeride instead of racing.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Item #2):
USED Rossignol Scratch 140 bindings (same as old Look P14 & Rossi "Axial"), JUST MAKE A LOWBALL OFFER.
Shipping: Definitely fits in a $13.65 flat-rate USPS box to lower 48 states.
- This old model is known for high elasticity (minimizes pre-releases), has clean releases, but develops a bit of heel slop over time.
- DIN Range: 5-14
- Very thin ~1.5mm rubbery shock-absorbing heel shims, toes have slider AFDs.
- Functional Condition = Seems Good by visual inspection & fondling,
- Cosmetic Condition = Poor.
attachment.php

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Maggots are not dummies :) Neither are indemnified...but both have a following. The Atomics are still used by racers @ScotsSkier might want them. The Axial's are the "New Coke" of Pivots, short lived and not very good. Might be worth it to have some extra toes around.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Interesting, the 1018 s actually have the non-race ( higher) chassis rather than the race chassis

TS
V

Vitamin I

one-track mind
Skier
Interesting, the 1018 s actually have the non-race ( higher) chassis rather than the race chassis

Good eye, ScotsSkier. I never realized that the standard "Race" version has about 4mm lower stack height than this version here. I think this version here was marketed as "R:1018", and I think it was intended for freeride skis like the original Atomic Big Daddy, Sugar Daddy, Stomp, etc. So I guess let's call this the "freeride" chassis...and it is about 4mm taller stack height than the standard "race" version. Also, this brake has a cosmetically different brake pad, and this AFD under the toe is a spring-loaded white slider, which is different from the "Race" chassis's static black AFD.

Last edited:
TS
V

Vitamin I

one-track mind
Skier
I can't remember if these items ever sold, or maybe they are still in my storage unit. I won't return to my storage unit until March or later. But I can set a reminder for myself to PM you after I eventually look for them in storage.

Ski6706

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thank you for the follow up, I am looking for a replacement set for my older Atomic Race 12 skis.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
What year ? Some of those were drilled for both Race and Neox between 06 and 08. except you have to take a plastic cover off to see the Neox dimples

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
The Maggots are not dummies :) Neither are indemnified...but both have a following. The Atomics are still used by racers @ScotsSkier might wassnt them. The Axial's are the "New Coke" of Pivots, short lived and not very good. Might be worth it to have some extra toes around.
.... and heel pcs... broke two.

Ski6706

Skier
What year ? Some of those were drilled for both Race and Neox between 06 and 08. except you have to take a plastic cover off to see the Neox dimples
I believe these are 2008 model with Race 614 binding currently on them.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
I believe these are 2008 model with Race 614 binding currently on them.

That is well into the NEOX era, you should be able to get a Neox 614 to fit. Much much better binding

When you say race, you mean multi position ESS derived toe, yes? Post a pic if you can.

Ski6706

Skier
I don't have the pic on me, however the binding is matching the pic in 2010-11 Atomic Tech Manual (attached). The toe piece does have multi position between extreme (front) and speed (back). Cups in the heel lug are plastic and one of them broke, hence I am looking for a replacement. I believe the cups on 1018 model are metal, they might last longer.

I don't mind to switch to neox, however a quick search for either race or neox does not show any results.

Attachments

• Atomic Race 614.JPG
    Atomic Race 614.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 4

Sponsor

Staff online