• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Oh Canada!: Sunshine->LL->Kicking Horse->Revelstoke!

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hey All,

I've been planning a mini-road trip to hit all the MCP spots in Canada. This trip is actually taking the place of a Taos Ski Week I had planned last year, but due to the unfortunate snow conditions in the West, I decided to bump it. Ice skating on Lake Louise and seeing the Canadian Rockies has been on my bucket list, so I figured, why not!...I've sworn to my boyfriend that this is the last ski trip I'll drag him on...Besides, this is also a cultural experience. He'll be in a Unesco world heritage site, among other things...
I consider myself very lucky that our trip is coinciding with a great snow cycle up there. Will def have to rent fatter skis...

Many thanks to the locals for all the helpful info they've planted in various threads across the site. You guys really helped me determine some of our itinerary: @albertanskigirl , @Poolskier Vinny , @Mike Rogers to name a few.

I'm posting our rough itinerary below in case anyone happens to be around. Let me me know if you'd like to meet up for a couple runs, lunch, or drinks...We're pretty chill and up for an adventure.

• Tomorrow, Feb.9 -> Fly into Calgary PM. Taking shuttle bus to Banff. Will prob get in around midnight. Staying in middle of town for 3 nights

• Sat, Feb.10 -> Sunshine

• Sun, Feb.11 -> Kicking Horse (totally dependent on if the Bus runs from Banff). I've signed up for 1/2 day lessons if we make it there. It being our only day there, I figured we'd need a guide and instruction to make the most of it.....If Bus doesn't run, we'll try again for the following 3 days. If it doesn't run at all, we;ll be at Sunshine

• Mon, Feb.12 -> Move to Lake Louise. Splurged for the lakeside hotel to be close to ice skating. Skating on the lake has been a dream of mine.

• Tues, Feb.13 -> Lake Louise

• Weds, Feb.14 -> Kicking Horse (if Sunday bus doesn't go) OR Sunshine

• Thurs, Feb.15 -> Renting car to drive to Revelstoke

• Fri, Feb.16 -> Revelstoke (thinking of lessons for both Revelstoke days)

• Sat, Feb.17 -> Revelstoke (I've been warned that it will be crazy. Hopefully lessons will help alleviate the line situation)

• Sun, Feb.18 -> Drive to Kelowna to fly back home ;(

...So , yeah...If anyone will be around, hit me up!

k

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
Great timing!

I will be skiing somewhere this weekend. We have been waiting all winter for Sunshine to open the dive, and it just opened yesterday, for the first time this winter. If they can get it going again after this latest storm, we might do a Sunshine day. Otherwise, Lake Louise and maybe Kicking Horse are possibilities.

I'll let you know our plan.

Please let me know if you would like any skiing or après recommendations or advice.

Poolskier Vinny

Red Bull Athlete Wannabe
Skier
I'll be skiing Revy with my peeps saturday-monday (17-19th)...PM if anyone wants to hit a few runs, lunch, beers etc. We'll definitely be going out for bevies Saturday nite too...

Looks like we might get a bit of snow as well for the long weekend!