• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

California/Nevada Official Heavenly Ski Meetup Thread--2015/16

Jed Peters

World's Most "Okayest" Skier
Skier
I'll be up at the Heave every Saturday dropping my oldest off at her D team program--at 8:30am on the California side.

Looking for people to hook up and ski with during those days that I don't have a ski buddy.

The majority of the other days are out of the Stagecoach lodge on the Nevada side...

Jerry Graffam

Booting up
Skier
Jed, I'd like to catch up with you in December, March, or both. I'd love to meet any other Heavenly skiers. I often get the impression that "real skiers don't ski Heavenly," but realistically, those skiers just thinks it's cool to say they don't ski Heaven'y! ;) I often ski with Brian and usually at Heavenly, but most of his skiing is at Kirkwood, which I will ski as well, but for some reason, I have always enjoyed skiing Heavenly. I also ski Squaw, Sierra, and Rose. I'm a East Coast skier, but I typically spend a total of four weeks in Tahoe. Maybe I should move there, now that I'm divorced? :) As for where I typically ski out of? It depends. My units are at Tahoe Seasons and Perennial, so it depends which I'm using on a given week. I prefer skiing out of Stagecoach, but parking is much easier in Cali. Well, free parking, that is.

TS
Jed Peters

Jed Peters

Skier
Jed, I'd like to catch up with you in December, March, or both. I'd love to meet any other Heavenly skiers. I often get the impression that "real skiers don't ski Heavenly," but realistically, those skiers just thinks it's cool to say they don't ski Heaven'y! ;) I often ski with Brian and usually at Heavenly, but most of his skiing is at Kirkwood, which I will ski as well, but for some reason, I have always enjoyed skiing Heavenly. I also ski Squaw, Sierra, and Rose. I'm a East Coast skier, but I typically spend a total of four weeks in Tahoe. Maybe I should move there, now that I'm divorced? :) As for where I typically ski out of? It depends. My units are at Tahoe Seasons and Perennial, so it depends which I'm using on a given week. I prefer skiing out of Stagecoach, but parking is much easier in Cali. Well, free parking, that is.

Jerry, you're absolutely right. Real skiers don't ski heavenly. but I'm older, have a ton of kids (or it seems that way) and our family's house is right down kingsbury grade. 10 years ago I used to be able to suffer the drive up to Kirkwood..but not any longer.

There is plenty to ski at heavenly, if you know what you're looking for. We will hook up. Let me know when you're around, for sure.

Jerry Graffam

Booting up
Skier
Jerry, you're absolutely right. Real skiers don't ski heavenly. but I'm older, have a ton of kids (or it seems that way) and our family's house is right down kingsbury grade. 10 years ago I used to be able to suffer the drive up to Kirkwood..but not any longer.

There is plenty to ski at heavenly, if you know what you're looking for. We will hook up. Let me know when you're around, for sure.

The funny part about that is that when the wind has everything in the Basin closed down except for The Face, it's amazing the level of ski talent that is ripping through Hogsback or coming out of East Bowl Woods. Or when Mott opens after a storm, the swell of skiers lined up at the gates.

That said, there is plenty of super-tough terrain at Heavenly, but like you said, you have to know where to find it. Thankfully, the Texans don't know where to find it! :)

Jerry Graffam

Booting up
Skier
@Jerry Graffam I ski north lake a lot and will try to make it down to ski with Jed from time to time.

Hey Phil, Brian has spoke fondly of you and Trish over the years. I spent numerous weeks in Tahoe until three years ago when life got in the way, but I'm resuming said practice this year. I've probably logged 200+ days in Tahoe since 2007 and admittedly have never skied Northstar, along with Homewood and Diamond Peak. I am nothing, if not a creature of habit, which has its' good and bad things.

I look forward to meeting you and skiing with you and Trish this season!

TS
Jed Peters

Jed Peters

Skier
Northstar, homewood, and diamond weak are pretty much all the same hill. Low elevation, trees, storm-friendly, cruisers....and a ton of good powder tree skiing if you know where to go.

Those three ski ares will turn when other resorts are shut down....

Jerry Graffam

Booting up
Skier
Northstar, homewood, and diamond weak are pretty much all the same hill. Low elevation, trees, storm-friendly, cruisers....and a ton of good powder tree skiing if you know where to go.

Those three ski ares will turn when other resorts are shut down....

I imagine Northstar brings in some pretty big profits with the high end real estate they have.
I love the idea of the laid back home town vibe that I hear there is at Homewood and DP, but IIRC Homewood wasn't able to open last year. Yikes!

JayT

Tahoe Powder Junkie
Skier
I don't ski south shore that often, but it's warming up on me. And after opening weekend I'm all set for free hotel stays... ;-) I'll be back after Thanksgiving.

harrahs.jpg

Sponsor

Staff online