• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
The NH group that I'm traveling with might be interested in a Grand Targhee day as well. We all have IKON base, so only 5 days. I spoke to the JHMR folks about GT at the Boston Ski Show and there is a shuttle from JH w/ lift tickets that's about $100. Not sure how big a group they can take, or how far out we'd need to reserve.
Me and my ski buddy are in Teton Village with no car so that sounds good, there must be more in the same situation??

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Me and my ski buddy are in Teton Village with no car so that sounds good, there must be more in the same situation??
I'm staying in Jackson, won't have a car and definitely would like to hit Targhee if a group is going there.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
FYI: There may be better Grand Targhee lift ticket deals, but I noticed on Liftopia and on the Grand Targhee website for online purchase [ HERE ] you can get one-day weekday tickets that week for $74 adult and $49 senior (65+).

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We are planning to either try Snow King for a half day or rent a car and some xc gear and ski out to Jenny Lake in Grand Teton National Park .

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
If the snow is good, Snow king is worth a day. (Lift tix are cheap) It's not too big but it does have some challenging terrain.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
FYI: There may be better Grand Targhee lift ticket deals, but I noticed on Liftopia and on the Grand Targhee website for online purchase [ HERE ] you can get one-day weekday tickets that week for $74 adult and $49 senior (65+).

This is a better deal, and still in play (unless you are +65). $59 bucks gets you half off on 2 adult tickets at Snow King, Grand Targhee, Pebble Creek, Kelly Canyon, and Pine Creek. I posted this back on post #18.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

This is a better deal, and still in play (unless you are +65). $59 bucks gets you half off on 2 adult tickets at Snow King, Grand Targhee, Pebble Creek, Kelly Canyon, and Pine Creek. I posted this back on post #18.

For Targhee alone, 98 is walk-up rate. 2 days =196.
With the above card, 59 + 5 + 49 + 49 (2 days) = 162 (81 per day)

If my math is correct.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I'm not sure about the math. Where's the 5 coming from? Plus, I think the deal is 2 adult tickets on one day, not 1 adult ticket over 2 days. I think the deal works better with a buddy.

bushpilot

Up Booting
Skier
The shuttle and lift ticket is $139 and it takes 1.5 hours to get there and same to get back. I'm thinking maybe I just spend the money on a lift ticket at JH for day 6. Is GTR really worth the hassle?

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
For Targhee alone, 98 is walk-up rate. 2 days =196.
With the above card, 59 + 5 + 49 + 49 (2 days) = 162 (81 per day)

If my math is correct.
I'm not sure about the math. Where's the 5 coming from? Plus, I think the deal is 2 adult tickets on one day, not 1 adult ticket over 2 days. I think the deal works better with a buddy.

The math is right. It's (card cost) + (shipping) + (half price lift) + (half price lift). Two lift tickets are then $81 each all-in. No idea on whether they have to be used the same day or not.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

5 is shipping and handling, which is visible in the link you provided. Whether you use it with a buddy or not, still works out to 81 for each of two tickets. If you only use it at Targhee. Edit: Dave and I posted at same time.

JohnL

Working and turning
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The shuttle and lift ticket is $139 and it takes 1.5 hours to get there and same to get back. I'm thinking maybe I just spend the money on a lift ticket at JH for day 6. Is GTR really worth the hassle?

Odds are you could catch a ride with a fellow Pugger heading over - that would save the shuttle fee (and likely save time.)

It depends on whether Targhee is worth the hassle. Targhee can get more snow with less skier traffic than at JHMR. (Two best snow days last Gathering were at Targhee.) On a sunny day (but it is called Grand Foghee for a reason), magnificent views of the Grand Tetons. Different terrain and different vibe than at JHMR. More of a mom and pop laid-back area, doesn't have the steeps but has some decent terrain. Lot's of open bowls.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
I'm staying in Jackson, won't have a car and definitely would like to hit Targhee if a group is going there.

Same here - at the Antler.

Another thought: @Tricia managed to get discounted single extra day tix for IKON folks last year. I'd still like to do Targhee for my 6th, since I've never been there, but that'd be a nice option for folks.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
My assumption is that the discounted online Liftopia price requires at least one week or more advanced purchase. So with that in mind would it be best to pre determine a Targhee date or wait and try to time the Targhee day with a snow forecast?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So, it looks like Friday is going to be the better day for us to meet up with a Targhee group. Work conflicts and the night shift won't allow for us to get up there on Wednesday night to ski Thursday. We do plan to ski Targhee Friday and Saturday, and could be talked into Jackson IF we can swing really discounted passes for a day.

Does Friday work for a Targhee day?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Does Friday work for a Targhee day?

Friday Feb. 28 works for me. Actually any of the days work for me but since the best priced tickets need to be purchased online in advance, we need a Gathermeister executive decision here.

TS
dbostedo

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Friday Feb. 28 works for me. Actually any of the days work for me but since the best priced tickets need to be purchased online in advance, we need a Gathermeister executive decision here.
Friday it is. I'll update the first post when i get a bit more time.

Sponsor

Staff online