• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^
I may be in for first tracks one day... I'd probably pick the 27th as well.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Wow, definitely down for that on the 27th.... anyone? http://firsttracksbigsky.com/

$119 for a breakfast and 1 and a quarter extra hours of skiing...no thanks.

At Whistler, their first tracks is $25CDN including a buffet breakfast, But no guarantee you get to go as they cut the lineup off at 600 (typical Whistler where you line up for just about everything). If you don't make the cut (didn`t get up early enough) your ticket is still good for the next day or day after etc.

At Sun Peaks the early tracks is $35CDN and instead of having to stop for breakfast you get $15 in food vouchers good all week. Who wants to stop for breakfast if it is a pow day and you are ahead of the crowds? At SP you don't have to. They run it 3 days/week and usually get 20-30 skiers signed up and it is guided by a ski instructor.

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
I would be interested in Bridger Bowl also , but I have no rental car, My buddy may be interested also? and other transportation options available ????

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I’m also down for a day at Bridger maybe followed by dinner and walking around in Bozeman? I’m an ikon base pass holder and would rather pay $63 for my “6th day” than 100+ for my discounted Big Sky ticket....who else is with me!?

I’m proposing Tuesday or Wednesday, assuming weather is ok...how we get there is another matter, bc I’m also without a car...wonk wonk.

Dean

Lawn chair sledder extraordinaire
Skier
I'm also looking for 6th day options. And also w/o a vehicle (@ BS Lodge).
- Bridger is 1 thought
- Any interest in a Yellowstone outing? (no not skiing :(). I'd favor a snow coach over snowmobile
And tues/wed seems like the sweet spot...

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’d vote for a Bridger day. Perhaps we can carpool.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Any interest in a Yellowstone outing? (no not skiing :(). I'd favor a snow coach over snowmobile

If you can carve out the time Yellowstone in winter on a sled or snow coach is an amazing experience. With a sled you cover more ground and with a snow coach you learn more as the drivers know a lot about geology and animals. If you can swing the extra Benjamins for a private snowmobile tour do it. While plenty of people have been in the park in the summer only a few hundred a day experience this unique ecosystem in winter.
IMG_0871.JPG

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I would be interested in Bridger Bowl also , but I have no rental car, My buddy may be interested also? and other transportation options available ????
I may be able to take passengers (3) but not sure where i'll be. (Lodging problems) May be in Bozeman anyway Uggh.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Just a reminder, since we've done it at other gatherings. In order to help recognize PugSkiers on the hill, we've been tying red or orange ribbon on our poles. Sure helps with finding other groups or if you get a late start on the day. It's tough enough with helmets, goggles, and face masks keeping everyone straight and in sight.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
It's also looking to be a bit chilly... this is the mid-mountain forecast :

upload_2019-2-18_22-41-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-18_22-41-27.png
    upload_2019-2-18_22-41-27.png
    392.8 KB · Views: 2

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We will arrive in Bozeman Friday afternoon. Staying in Bozeman Friday night.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
...... and counting :yahoo:

Current temp here in the meadows at 6000’ is a balmy -11
We will be in a unseasonably cold cycle till mid March in southern MT, so bring winter layers with you if your not already on the road.

Re the BB trip - Bozeman and Big Sky are BOOMING right now so as @Talisman said expect crowds there more than ever. Big Sky with the exception of opening bell and the parking area distributes skiers well - remember it is the largest ski area in NA

Might be able to help with a ride to BB if needed as we go to Bozeman once a week to shop so a possible drop off and pick up.
Friends and family both before and after the gathering so a Bozeman day will have to be squeezed in sometime for provisions

Staying in the meadows or off mtn ? PM if you want to get together :rocks::cocktail::martini:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So, we shold pack narrower than wider skis?

SShore

Resident Curmudgeon
Skier
If you can carve out the time Yellowstone in winter on a sled or snow coach is an amazing experience. With a sled you cover more ground and with a snow coach you learn more as the drivers know a lot about geology and animals. If you can swing the extra Benjamins for a private snowmobile tour do it. While plenty of people have been in the park in the summer only a few hundred a day experience this unique ecosystem in winter.
View attachment 65966

I just did my third snowmobile tour of the park on Friday. An amazing experience that I would suggest everyone experience. It is well worth taking a day from the slopes for.

Sponsor