• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm having a tough time getting in touch with people at BigSky to reserve a meeting room. Was it you who posted that there is a public location where we can boot up and leave bags?
There are places at the Madison Lodge (sounds glamorous but think giant yurt) or the second floor of the Mountain Mall in the base village there is a room with cubbies. Lone Mountain Sports may work with you if there are enough people renting skis.

Skisailor

Laziest Skier on the Mountain
Skier
There are places at the Madison Lodge (sounds glamorous but think giant yurt) or the second floor of the Mountain Mall in the base village there is a room with cubbies. Lone Mountain Sports may work with you if there are enough people renting skis.

Tricia: Last time we spoke about this, I think you indicated you wanted a dedicated room for PugSKI. The places above are all public spaces. The Mammoth Room is the one I spoke about where people eat lunch and leave their bootbags and stuff under the tables - it's on the 2nd floor of the Mountain Mall. Definitely for a private room you should try the Yellowstone Conference Center. And you could also try the Summit Hotel - I think they have gathering rooms.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tricia: Last time we spoke about this, I think you indicated you wanted a dedicated room for PugSKI. The places above are all public spaces. The Mammoth Room is the one I spoke about where people eat lunch and leave their bootbags and stuff under the tables - it's on the 2nd floor of the Mountain Mall. Definitely for a private room you should try the Yellowstone Conference Center. And you could also try the Summit Hotel - I think they have gathering rooms.
The purpose of this room is to meet in the morning before getting on the lift, booting up and stashing bags during the day so we have a central place to connect off and on through the day, so we'd need it to be somewhat easy access to the lifts.
We hadn't done this in the past but @AmyPJ set a room up like this for us at Snowbasin last year and it worked really well, so we thought we'd try to do it again and take donations for the cost of the room. Plus it would save on locker fees for the entire group.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I just got an email back from the contact guy who apologize because their offices moved and ...yada yada. He is promising a quote this morning. If that doesn't pan out, I'll reach out to Yellowstone conference center.
@Catskill carver If you do stop by, the guy I'm talking to is the guy you suggested. (I can PM you)
Maybe you can stop by and take a look at locations or some such to make sure its what we're looking for.

If you wanted a private room for just pugSki, I would try contacting the Yellowstone conference center which is adjacent to the Huntley Shoshone hotel. They have a ton of meeting rooms.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Tell me to shut up if off target, but...
If we can get a convenient and inexpensive room for the Gathering at Big Sky that would be great, although a public space might work too. A couple reasons why the group room last year at Snowbasin was so valuable for meet-ups, boot-ups, and meals is that it happened on the first two days for folks to get acquainted and because we were all converging from a variety of lodging locations an hour away in SLC or LCC. At Big Sky many of us may be staying slopeside or near slopeside and might actually boot-up in our rooms. This could mean that a convenient, but sufficiently large public room/space near the lifts could be OK for morning meet-up purposes at Big Sky.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If we can get a convenient and inexpensive room for the Gathering at Big Sky that would be great, although a public space might work too. A couple reasons why the group room last year at Snowbasin was so valuable for meet-ups, boot-ups, and meals is that it happened on the first two days for folks to get acquainted and because we were all converging from a variety of lodging locations an hour away in SLC or LCC. At Big Sky many of us may be staying slopeside or near slopeside and might actually boot-up in our rooms. This could mean that a convenient, but sufficiently large public room/space near the lifts could be OK for morning meet-up purposes at Big Sky.

I could see it going either way. I've been planning to boot up in my room at the Lodge. I suppose I could get everything on except my boots and walk over to the reserved room to meet everyone. Carry my boots with me and put them on there. I guess it depends on where the reserved room ends up and where the outdoor meeting place is going to be.

Near Nyquist

At the edge of instability
Skier
You are off target, wide of the mark

The room helped at the last Gathering

And there are a lot of us that are not staying slope-side

So it’s stupid useful to have that room available

And frankly I enjoyed the morning routine of Phil n Trish giving announcements
The videos posted from the Utah Gathering speak for themselves as to what was so special

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Snow, snow and more on the way this week.

Coming down good at the moment and forecast varies today from 3-5 to up to 14” above 7000’
Hill should be in good condition for an enjoyable week

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If you haven't seen it please check out this thread regarding a meeting room.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
IKON:
We believe the you will be able to go directly to the lift with your IKON Pass. If this is not the case, we will post here prior to the event
According to the IKON website, Big sky is direct to lift.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Are all 7 official Gathering days scheduled for Big Sky and any days at Bridger Bowl are up to individuals to go whenever? I am thinking that people with an Ikon 5 day base pass might do a day or two at BB rather than buy 2 day tickets at BS.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Meeting areas have been updated in the OP of this thread.

The possibility of going to Bridger is still on the table, but nothing has been organized for that at this time.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
Are all 7 official Gathering days scheduled for Big Sky and any days at Bridger Bowl are up to individuals to go whenever? I am thinking that people with an Ikon 5 day base pass might do a day or two at BB rather than buy 2 day tickets at BS.
Thx Dano My situation exactly. I'll hit Bridger Bowl at some point as I get 3 free days (M-F) with a Powder Alliance pass. Have a good AWD vehicle.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thx Dano My situation exactly. I'll hit Bridger Bowl at some point as I get 3 free days (M-F) with a Powder Alliance pass. Have a good AWD vehicle.
I woundn't mind hitting Bridger one day.

AeroSKI5150

MikeChuckNorris
Skier
Neill and I are likely to hit Bridger on Thurs 2/28 in the morning... sadly we're on a flight home at 3pm and that's likely the last day of the season for us - wouldn't you grab those last 3-4 hours whilst you can? Yeah, thought so :Teleb::golfclap:

Any plans to use GroupMe or other real-time apps during the Gathering? Would be cool to know of mid-day and après random gatherings... Anyway, we get in late on the 23rd, gotta pick up his rental gear in the AM so won't make the first meet-up, but will be on the mountain by mid-morning 2/24 and look forward to seeing everyone on the 25-26-27th Woo-hoo!

(PS anyone else at River Rock Lodge? Sadly absolutely no availability slopeside or Bucks etc... glad to at least be there!)

Sponsor

Staff online